MCA National - Grovetwon, GA 5/25-5/27/2018

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
Anyone going to or interested in going this weekend.  The Georgia on my Mind national show is going on this weekend in Grovetown, Ga just outside of Augusta.  Will be heading down myself on Thursday.  Will be showing inside for Concourse judged.  If you plan on going maybe we could meet up somewhere.  Probably the only national show I will make this year.

Anyone going to or interested in going this weekend.  The Georgia on my Mind national show is going on this weekend in Grovetown, Ga just outside of Augusta.  Will be heading down myself on Thursday.  Will be showing inside for Concourse judged.  If you plan on going maybe we could meet up somewhere.  Probably the only national show I will make this year.
Short notice did not know about it or I might have gone. We have had lots of rain here hope it stops for the show. If you travel by I-40 to I-26 you come within 9 miles of me. Maybe stop in for a burger and see some cars. I am in Hendersonville, N.C. 28791.

David

Had a good time at the show this past weekend.  Met some new folks showing their cars.  Weather did not cooperate on Friday and ended up spending the whole day Friday after getting inside cleaning the car back up from a short but very wet drive from the trailer to the convention center.  After alot of cleaning we able to obtain a Gold award.

Congtats :bravo: 

I kept watching the weather and decided not to go. It has rained way too much for me. I think a few members from Asheville Mustang club went but all have new Shelby or Roush cars.

Washed my drive out to the garage and guy came to look and need three 15 ton loads of gravel and some fill dirt along with a skid loader. So I cannot even get in or out of garage. Like $2,000 of damage from rain. And no flood insurance I live on a mountain, lol.

David

Received my judging sheet yesterday from the show.  Please forgive me in advance for gloating, but I was super stoked to see my scoring results.  With total possible of 700 points I had my best showing yet of a 2 point deduction.  Each show I have gone too I have requested the judging sheet after to go over the feedback and review the items deducted to make improvements or research the issue further.  Please understand that I am not one of those competitive guys that wants to go out and win a trophy everytime or tell other people what they need to do with their car or all of that other junk.  I truly love this hobby and strive to make and keep my car in the best condition and quality I can.  Again, this is the first car I ever owned having acquired it at age 15 as a rusted out hulk in the midwest that several experienced restorers said was a basket case and to part it out for a better car.  This car will always be very special to me and hopefully my family as well.  I have been honored to have had many great experiences with my dad who helped me get the car and enjoy the path we have been on with it for the past 35 years.  Hopefully more memories will continue to be made.

Judging Sheet:

20180613094422249.pdf

84 picture 2.jpg

1972 4.jpg

Attachments

• 20180613094422249.pdf
    35.8 KB · Views: 8
Congratulations! Very impressive! It takes a lot of time, patience, and determination to build an MCA Gold or Silver, street driven or trailered concourse car. I actually think it is harder to maintain a street driven concourse car than a trailer queen, cleanliness is always the judges look for. Hats off to ya.

When I did a MCA national show years ago in New England, I open trailered my 69 Mach to the hotel and drove it 20 min from there to the show. Had a ton of rain all the way up. When I drove up to the show to register, I said I had trailered it most of the way, so they insisted I had to enter into the Trailered Concourse class. I still managed to take a Siver home. Don't think I'll do another National show unless it is close to home.

That is good news for sure. The do get picky and especially since they are using a lift to look under the cars also.

Had a friend that did a 66 GTO 389 3-2 4 speed that had to have another car grafted it was so rusty. Lower door hinges had rusted through the A post, no floor not trunk. He finished the car loaded in trailer took to Ohio to Pontiac nationals and took first place first time out. His only deductions were for Interstate battery and radial tires otherwise they saw the car as perfect. So you can take one from the grave and make it great you have proved it again.

Keep dragging them in.

David

Back