Member Map?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Fredensborg

I like music, languages, weaponry, and freedom.
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
1980 Bronco
A couple modern Fords
I see we have a new member map, but I'm not on it anymore. I cant seem to figure out a way to add myself either? Such a cool feature, I've always like zooming around the world to see where all the 71-73's live.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
I see we have a new member map, but I'm not on it anymore. I cant seem to figure out a way to add myself either? Such a cool feature, I've always like zooming around the world to see where all the 71-73's live.
Thanks for the heads up! It does appear to be static so let us check into it and see what is wrong!

7173Mustang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

This map shows members per their IP address and if you do not have your location blocked on your device accessing the forum.
And when you look at the large map, it shows areas of members, but some states do not show any on the large map and you'll need to zoom in. Such a state is Alabama.
You can pull your pin to a slightly different location if it's off a bit.

So if you do not see your pin, see if you have your location blocked on your device. On my phone I had to allow 7173 to access my location.

Give it a try.

7173Mustang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently it's not working completely yet.
If you were pinned before and do not see your pin now, can you post on this thread?
Thanks.

7173Mustang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you do not find your pin on the map where you expect it, check and see if you are using a VPN and what location it shows. Check that location for your pin. You can then drag your pin to the correct location.

Fredensborg

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
1980 Bronco
A couple modern Fords
I tried the ZIP code thing, didn't seem to work for me. I went through all my privacy settings too, and as far as I can tell that is not the issue. I've tried a couple different browsers too. I think I am just cursed.

nhford

Reaction score
My Car
'72 fastback, 302 w/ 1406, C4, dual Flow Masters sunny weather cruiser
Ha... I think I have the same curse.
Tried what I thought we're supposed to do.
No luck.

Reaction score
My Car
72 Vert 351C White
I also was having the same issue and 'fixed' it this morning. I logout out and re-accessed the site on my PC and not my phone. I entered my town, state and zip into my profile. Logged out and back in again. I hunted for my pin on the map where it should be but found it by poking around markers in the general area. Like 1/ 2 state away and then just moved marker to my location. Maybe that will help.

Last edited:

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
I was able to find my marker and move it to my location! Remember to look for your marker where ever your IP address says you are located...if you are using a VPN, it may be somewhere else in the world, LOL! The weird thing is, I wonder if the marker will change if my IP changes locations...like I'm on a VPN at work but my home PC is not. I'll have to try it and see what happens!

7173Mustang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was able to find my marker and move it to my location! Remember to look for your marker where ever your IP address says you are located...if you are using a VPN, it may be somewhere else in the world, LOL! The weird thing is, I wonder if the marker will change if my IP changes locations...like I'm on a VPN at work but my home PC is not. I'll have to try it and see what happens!
Can you please try it and tell me?

Fredensborg

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
1980 Bronco
A couple modern Fords
Found myself!!! I was laying low in St. Louis for some reason, waaay to big of a town for the likes of me. Drug myself back to the hinterlands of Minnesota where I belong! :)

1368699625_3.jpg

Last edited: