Mercury or Gravity Switch

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Nice driver. Long term plan is to modernize to make a comfortable reliable daily driver.
Well I recently started replacing incandescent light bulbs with LEDs in my 1973 Mach 1, starting first w/a sequential taillight kit from Easy Performance. Then replaced marker lights, interior lights, front turn signals and headlights. I love crawling around this car and learning more about its flaws and quirks. Anyway, when I replaced the trunk interior light, I found it was wired thru the headlight switch and only comes on when you turn the marker lights or headlights on. No problem, I need to run a positive lead from the fuse block to the trunk anyway for the sequential taillights. Did these cars come with mercury switches under the trunk lid for the trunk light? I’m sure they sell more modern versions of these switches since mercury is deemed to be dangerous. Any clues as to sources for these switches? My 71 Torino had the old style mercury switch. Your help is appreciated.

Back