MIA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
Hey guys! It is the prodical son. Thought I would check in and try to get my head together. I am having a brain fart and need to think things out.

I have had someone make me a serious offer on buying my old "girl freind" from me. He is only about four grand off, so I may have to make a tough decision pretty soon. It was his first offer and he is a dealer so I don't know where this is going to go yet. I popped off and made a comment that I might be willing to sell in order to buy a new GT to start racing.

Any way I will keep checking in. Hope you guys in OKC are well ! FastE

I also think your car is extremely nice. Stay firm on your price. (My selfish side hopes you don't sell it!) But I understand.

Looks like everyone on the forum dodged the (tornado) bullet in the OKC area. We havae more heavy storms today and they are supposed to continue until next week. Tornado risk is light.

Ray

That is a tough decision. I forgot, how long have you had your "old girlfriend"?
He bought her new. I remember his story. Seems like he was about to settle for a different one then saw it on the back of the lot IIRC. I remember it was a very cool story.

Ed, It's good to hear from you! I hope you don't sell unless you are absolutely sure it's what you want to do and not just some guy with coin who's fallen in love with your car. There are many other cars he can go after. It is VERY cool to have a one owner classic car. My dad bought the 65 six years before I was born and since I was 8 that car was promised to me. There's no way I will sell it unless there was something crazy to happen like having to pay for extreme medical bills, etc. That's my $0.02.

If he wants a nice car and wants to drop coin send him my way and I'll introduce him to my 71 M-code 4 speed car. It's nice but I have no history with it and would not have too much heart burn in letting it go. ;)

Wow, that is one of those significant life decisions to sell a car with that much sentimental value. You will REALLLLLY want to think that one through. Just knowing it is going to a dealer who will flip it for more than he is paying gives me heartburn. IF I ever had to sell mine to keep food on the table or keep my family under a roof I would, but it would probably be for only those two reasons, I would look for someone who would want to add to all of the memories I have in their life and not someone who just sees $$$$. You need to make the right decision for you! Just my two cents. There are always other cars to add to your stable, but it is hard to get back the one that meant something to you.

It's hard to let go something that you have such a history with.

Lemme put it this way: if you have to ask us about selling it, then don't sell it!!

It means you're not sure and a decision like this one needs to be one you're sure of.

If you have decided to let it go and feel deep inside of you that you do the right thing then sell it. But until then don't!

You'll end up regretting it.

A new GT is just that. A new car. No soul, no history, no personal ties.

Your old girl has all that and that doesn't have a price tag.

Those are my two cents.

Thanks guys for the welcome back. You guys are saying what I know in my heart is the right answer. September 3rd will be 40 years of ownership. Just saying that out loud is strange.

Boss Ray glad you guys (Chuck) are OK. My daughter lives in Edmund. the first one hit real close to her. My son inlaw's grand parents live in Moore. In both cases the twisters touched down with in a mile of them. Gotta love tornado shelters, gives us a little comfort knowing they have a chance

Any way I will keep thinking and reading your in put. Hope to hang around a little more. Work has been real involved over the last year!

It's hard to let go something that you have such a history with.

Lemme put it this way: if you have to ask us about selling it, then don't sell it!!

It means you're not sure and a decision like this one needs to be one you're sure of.

If you have decided to let it go and feel deep inside of you that you do the right thing then sell it. But until then don't!

You'll end up regretting it.

A new GT is just that. A new car. No soul, no history, no personal ties.

Your old girl has all that and that doesn't have a price tag.

Those are my two cents.
Personally, you couldn't give me a stack of new GT's with a Shelby on top, in trade for the Tiger (40+ years in the family).

I'd honestly have to think of trading my semi-basket case '71 for one.

Seriously.

My favorite Lux line from above:

"A new GT is just that. A new car. No soul, no history, no personal ties.

Your old girl has all that and that doesn't have a price tag."

Amen, brother.

::thumb::

If you are seriously thinking of selling do not take the first offer from a dealer even if he is a friend. You will be selling at wholesale.

If you are determined to part with it advertise the car in the appropriate venues and get your price for it.

Good to hear from you Ed. Don't sell your self short. Make them pay your price if you feel it's time.Your car is one of the nicest out their in many ways. At the end of the day you don't want any regrets. Hope to see your 40th anniversary post on September 3rd.:cool: Good luck.

Mike.

Back