Mirror dash cam in Convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooseStang

Reaction score
My Car
72 Q-code Vert
72 L-code Vert
I'm considering installing an Auto Vox V5 Pro in my 72 vert. Has anyone done a similar install? My main concern is the wire routing from the mirror through the windshield trim.

I'm considering installing an Auto Vox V5 Pro in my 72 vert. Has anyone done a similar install? My main concern is the wire routing from the mirror through the windshield trim.
I have a mirror/backup camera installed. The routing though the windshield trim is not much of an issue. I did try to get the V5 pro installed but I ended up returning it because the mirror on its own is very dark. In my case I want to use the backup camera only when backing up but use the mirror as a rearview mirror. That said, it was too dark for me. I like the idea of a front facing camera but I will wait until they can make one with a good mirror. I currently have the Auto-Vox T1400W which has a good mirror and it shows the backup camera when needed - unfortunately, it has not forward facing camera.

Latest posts

Back