Missing hoses 1972

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Convertible
Thank Ya'll so much for making me feel welcome!

I really need help locating missing parts to my 1972 302 engine compartment. These are notes corresponding to the pictures that I post. May have to post in several threads.

1. (Air Cleaner). Have a male connector passenger side of car toward front and an opening on the air cleaner toward the firewall, it is missing a fitting. It does have the rubber hose coming up from the passenger side value cover. Where did these hoses go?

2. (Carb 1) Looks like a empty vacuum hose fitting and empty threaded fitting.

3. (Carb 2) Another vacuum hose empty fitting.

4. DVCV 3 prong vacuum fitting. One to distributor, 2 to carb??????

(see attached)

Air Cleaner.JPG

DVCV.JPG

The air cleaner will have 2 things connected to it

one will be a hose going from the valve cover from the rear of the left cover (on opposite valve cover than the PVC valve)

The other will be a cardboard tinfoil hose coming from the charcoal canister on the lower left firewall

it fits onto a filter which you are missing that clips into the empty hole on the air cleaner

AJ

If I recall correctly Auto Zone has an excellent vacuume diagram for almost all the years and options on our Mustangs. It is right on their web site.

I went to their site and can't seem to find it. I also searched for the thread on this site with no luck...

Last edited by a moderator:

one will be a hose going from the valve cover from the rear of the left cover (on opposite valve cover than the PVC valve)

The other will be a cardboard tinfoil hose coming from the charcoal canister on the lower left firewall

it fits onto a filter which you are missing that clips into the empty hole on the air cleaner

AJ
Thank you so much! Do you know where I can get that tinfoil hose and clip for the air cleaner???

Thank you so much! Do you know where I can get that tinfoil hose and clip for the air cleaner???

AJ

I believe the sellers on our site may have them , Don at Ohio Mustang or CJ pony Parts.

DVCV - Top goes to carburetor for ported vacuum, middle to distributor, and bottom to intake for manifold vacuum. At least that's how it is on my 351C of the same year.

A quick note on the cardboard tinfoil hose from the air cleaner you need, if you look at the "pay it forward" section of the classifieds someone is giving one away to any member who needs one

AJ

Look here for the hose http://www.npdlink.com/store/products/hose_assy_fuel_vapor_canister_3_4_inch-147118-0.html

The clip will have to be a used part as far as I know. Chuck

AJ
Thanx for the help!!!!

AJ

Look here for the hose http://www.npdlink.com/store/products/hose_assy_fuel_vapor_canister_3_4_inch-147118-0.html

The clip will have to be a used part as far as I know. Chuck
Big help!!!!

Back