more pics of the progress of the coupe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang coupe complete restoration
Here are a few pics of how the coupe is looking so far. I tore the car apart about 12yrs ago and in the last year have got the following done. new rear springs, the rear-end has new 389 gears and all new bearings and seals and has been sand blasted and painted, all new interior, door panels, armrest pads, handles and locks, window cranks, carpet, all weather stripping, windshield, all new screws and bolts everywhere, the dash and all trim is repainted, new floor pans, stainless steel brake lines and distribution block, all brakes are new along with all other brake lines, the front suspension has been replaced and sand blasted and painted and new tail light panel new quarters were put on 15yrs ago

DSCN0022.JPG

DSCN0026.JPG

DSCN0027.JPG

DSCN0028.JPG

DSCN0031.JPG

DSCN0030.JPG

DSCN0032.JPG

DSCN0029.JPG

DSCN0033.JPG

DSCN0034.JPG

DSCN0035.JPG

DSCN0036.JPG

DSCN0037.JPG

DSCN0038.JPG

DSCN0039.JPG

DSCN0040.JPG

DSCN0041.JPG

DSCN0042.JPG

DSCN0043.JPG

DSCN0044.JPG

DSCN0046.JPG

DSCN0047.JPG

DSCN0048.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I put the rear bumper on Now depressed because I had to take the car out of the shop and put it in storage for a while. I'll be putting a rocker panel and cab corner on a chevy pickup this weekend and when that's done I get the joy of putting a rocker and both rear quarter panel on a 67 Pontiac lemans. the good thing is I've got the roof hood fenders and doors primed been waiting for the guy to get the parts and get them to me for about 2yrs now

In the pictures that show the door hinge area there's white conduit for wiring that runs into the door (I'm assuming for speakers and possibly power windows). Was that and the holes original to the car or did you add those?

In the pictures that show the door hinge area there's white conduit for wiring that runs into the door (I'm assuming for speakers and possibly power windows). Was that and the holes original to the car or did you add those?
I added speakers in the doors had donor doors for the rubber gromets so they are the correct ones for the car I had a spare set of deluxe doors that had them

update on the progress of the 71 coupe Got the four wheel disc brake conversion done the rear bumper on and new tail lights with the l.e.d. sequential flasher all from CJ Pony Parts and the wheels and tires are ordered went with 17x9 rear with 242/45/17 tires and 17x8 front with 225/45/17 tires torque thrust style wheels

DSCN0523.JPG

DSCN0524.JPG

DSCN0525.JPG

DSCN0526.JPG

DSCN0528.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Project looks like its coming right along! I like the color. Ryan

Back