More Stupidity with Fire and Gasoline

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I blame knee pads, elbow pads and helmets during childhood. In my day these fools would have been 'examples', not adults.
Anyone else remember playing friendly games of touch or flag football that quickly became full contact?
We all just played football/baseball with no protective gear until you joined the grade/high school team and had parents sign the insurance doc. Also played Lawn Jarts, and drank from a garden hose after you flushed the warm still water out. Oh how I now cherish the mid to late 70’s.

We all just played football/baseball with no protective gear until you joined the grade/high school team and had parents sign the insurance doc. Also played Lawn Jarts, and drank from a garden hose after you flushed the warm still water out. Oh how I now cherish the mid to late 70’s.
You flushed out the warm water?....pansy!

I lived in the city, in grade school (that's k thru 8, for you guys in the suburbs) we played tackle football on asphalt. Because we had neither grass nor brains!...my left knee still hurts.

I still have a set of Jarts...ebay won't let me sell them...

We played "Army" in a giant and wild city park. Live fire Red Ryder BB guns and grenades made from waterproof cherry bombs and serrated and dried creek bank clay. Amazingly no one got hurt, seriously. We also used local freight trains as public transportation, until my friend got shot with rock salt by a train "Dick". "When I was young and stupid, I was young and stupid." Chuck

We played "Army" in a giant and wild city park. Live fire Red Ryder BB guns and grenades made from waterproof cherry bombs and serrated and dried creek bank clay. Amazingly no one got hurt, seriously. We also used local freight trains as public transportation, until my friend got shot with rock salt by a train "Dick". "When I was young and stupid, I was young and stupid." Chuck
Yep, those of us who grew up near the train tracks know all about the railroad cops!!!

Yep, those of us who grew up near the train tracks know all about the railroad cops!!!
I was fortunate enough to see Ernest Borgnine and his hammer in "Emporer of the North" as a kid....that kept me out of train yards.

Back