Motorcraft 4300d carburetor heat spacer

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gmqcode - where in NJ are you? I ended up making one last year because I thought my issue was fuel boil. There is no available phenolic spacer available.

It ends up my issue was the carb, so I do not have use for the spacer any longer.

I used the rubber-ish 1/4" gasket that was under the carb as a template, bought 1/2" phenolic material and made my own.

You're in NJ? I'm in Eastern Pa - right across the border. PM me your address and I'll send you the spacer I made.

Just get some gasket material from your local auto parts store and cut gaskets to match.

Here's a pic of the spacer:

Very Nice! Sent you a PM. Gary

Hi all, just wanted to post a followup to my hot start issue. RPXR400 had sent me a heat spacer that he made and was no longer using. He made a nice quality piece. I installed it and it seems to have solved the hot start issue. It has cooled off here in NJ, but I ran the car real good the other day and it started up fine after the run.

I also added fuel line insulation in addition to the spacer. So all is well and I thank Rick for really helping me out! Attached a pic of the final product. Oh and BTW ethanol fuel sucks! Carburetor spacer 025.JPGCarburetor spacer 024.JPG

Back