Must be a new record for a H code

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red on red is always a good start... still, much is different about the car. Good money for this car...

I seen that one on TV yesterday.  The car had a ram air hood and air cleaner, but no plenum or flappers installed on the underside of the hood.  They also sold a yellow fake Boss 351 yesterday for $37,400.

I hated what they did with the hood, but they got good money for it anyhow.  It's nice to see our cars getting some respect on the block!!

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1971-FORD-MACH-1-FASTBACK-210146

Big money for a not so correct car. Here we go, hope you got yours because everything is about to go up!
Agreed.  While it looks like a very nice car, it's very much misrepresented... which only hurts everybody in the long run.  

It's not a 4V just by adding a sticker and an aftermarket intake manifold and carb.  It's probably an original 'no stripe' car, which is missing the front moldings, and the stripes aren't as straight as they could be.  I'll bet it didn't come with Magnums or spoilers, either, and they forgot to add the buttons on the TMI Product seat covers when they had the seats redone.  It's also not a factory Ram Air car, based on the missing hood locks and unpainted air cleaner, but we're going for big bucks, so slap on those Ram Air stickers and throw down a TuTone-like black-out strip on the hood (nah, let's not use reference pictures or a stencil, just make it border the NACA duct area with a thin stripe outside and it'll be fine).  I know why they did it, but they didn't even install the chrome bumper correctly, fer Pete's sake.   :shootself:

I don't enjoy picking apart cars just because I can... but I can't help it when they make it so easy. It really does look like a nice car, everything 'wrong with it' aside - and I hope the new owner enjoys every minute of it.  But it's like nobody's even trying to get things right anymore these days (except a select few who aren't into it just to flip 'em for a few bucks).

If this is any indicator of the market trending, maybe I could indeed get my money back from mine someday... (which again, I would still never sell).

With as many things you can see in these few pictures wrong I am sure the underside is just as scrambled up. I just do not understand people that pay the big money for incorrect cars.

Been selling lots of parts lately and when they come to get them I have them look at some of my cars and have them guess what I paid. One guy guessed 4 times the price I paid for the yellow California convertible I got of eBay. He paid double what I paid for a rust bucket they he has to find a bunch of parts for. He guessed more than triple for the Black 73 vert.

Like was said at BJ there are people that make more than $44,000 a day and don't blink an eye if their Little Girl wants it, lol.

Just another shiny used car that a bunch of experts say is right, lol.

Going next week to look at a 67 Mustang coupe my nephew is going to trade a twin turbo Z car for. Even trade. This is a right hand drive that he imported from Japan recently. He thinks the mustang is worth more than it is. Painted wrong color and nothing right. I have warned him and will go check for rust in person but he is blinded by the shiny paint.

Back