Mustang evolution

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351, 1969 Fairlane 500 Conv., 1965 Sunbeam Tiger
I made it to the third page before I called it quits. I almost called it quits on the second page when the engine sizes were shown in liters (metric). Now let me say that I have nothing against metrics, I like metrics, actually prefer it over inches and feet. Way back when the U.S. was thinking about transitioning to the metric system I was certified (by Federal Highway Administration) as an instructor for teaching DOT personnel how the metric system was better. I was even able to convince most of the old hard-headed maintainers :)

When I got to the third page and the writer said "a 4.7-liter V8" I knew the writer knew nothing about cars, Mustangs in particular. That's about as bad as saying "a" 351 engine. What about carburetor sizes, what about high-performance solid lifter?

I quit at the 4th word.

The Mustang didn't debuted in "1964".
It most certainly did: April 17, 1964 was the introduction of the Mustang, and the first day to be able to order one.

LOL, where were you in 1964 I kept the news paper ad just cannot find it in all the stuff I have. Lee Holman actually got to driving his 1964 1/2 Mustang before it was released by Ford. He got stopped multiple times just to look. Having a dad that built all of Fords performance vehicles had it's advantages.

I have a Mustang hood with a March 1964 date code. So it is good for any early vehicle.

Back