Mustang Graveyard

EBSTANG

VIP Members
Reaction score
A guy approached me and my Mach at a recent car show and after talking to me for awhile about my car, asked me if i'd be interested in any Mustang parts.

His father was local to my area and had passed recently. His son (the guy) inherited his fathers house/property and wanted to pass on the three vacated Mustangs to someone who he thought would appreciate the cars and their associated parts. He adamantly did not want these parts to be scrapped. I asked him what he wanted for the cars and he said, nothing.

A couple salvageable quarters/doors, nice trunk lid, 3 windshields, 3 rear windows, all door glass intact, dash boards, 2 Clevelands (1- 302), 2 complete A/C setups w/all brackets, dash cluster w/tach and odometer and lots of other smalls.

I would have to get them hauled and there's work involved, of course, to part them out.

So what do you think...? Should I grab them?

Mustangs.jpg

AC.jpg

dash.jpg

door.jpg

glass.jpg

rear quarter.jpg

trunk lid.jpg

wheel trim rings.jpg

RacerX

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 351-2v Convertible
1973 351-2v Mach 1
1973 351-4V Q code Mach 1
64.5 Coupe
65 convertible
65 cobra kirkham
If you have the inclination and some time, I'd say get them and part them out, offer up parts to the members here to help fund your car build. That way it honors his dad's memory and they don't get scrapped.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Hey you can sell here or also on eBay. Just put a price on what you need and it will sell on eBay to someone. I see a couple pieces on the vert I might need. The ranchero is also hard to find parts for. If you have a place to take them apart go for it. If you don't then it becomes an anchor around you neck. Hey disc brake change over, power steering, air system you can make a few bucks then sell what is left to the crusher for a few hundred.

kcmash

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1, Grabber Blue w/Argent stripes. Original 2V 351C Auto, Tilt, rear defog, Black Comfortweave Interior. Under restoration. Original colors, 4V 351C, 4-Speed, Spoilers, Magnums, Ram Air. All Ford parts.
If nothing else, get the weatherstrip channels from the fastback cars and all the bright trim from around the rear windows and windshield,

I need a good set of the rear window trim if anyone has one.

turtle5353

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
That's a no brainer!!! Snag those up!

secluff

VIP Members
Site Supporters
Reaction score
20-30 years ago I would passed on the offer thinking "What Junk"! Now...I see an absolute gold mine in parts!! Most of us have had some "Unpleasant" experience's with repo parts and insanely priced OE parts. If he was willing, I'd even try to talk to him about that Ranchero. That's another group that gets no love. And the price is certainly right!!

73pony

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2v
Wish I lived closer. I would offer to help out. Lots of good parts there just a lot of work for one person.

mach71351c

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach 1
72 Mustang Mach 1 (parts car)
I wouldn't think twice about grabbing them and parting them out.

basstrix

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
1971 Ranchero
What about the Ranchero? I might be interested in that.

Pegleg

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
If you always bear in mind you cannot buy a lot of parts for 71-73 as companies don't reproduce a lot of our year parts. Then reproduction parts for the most part are inferior parts as other members her would verify. If i were stateside i would buy up all the 71-73 cars i could lay my hands on. Someone will always want 71-73 parts. I have a list of parts i need that are not manufactured

mongos73cobrajet

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach1 351 cobrajet power steering brakes a/c tilt fold down seat rear window defogger full gage package medium blue with argent stipes
you get them there are always parts that somebody needs while you are there scarf up that 1970 ranchero tell him you thought it was a mustang lol

later mongos cj:D

GB 71

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
351 C
M Code
I'm just north of Philly and if your looking for some help with these let me know

George ::thumb::

mach1000

Reaction score
My Car
1966 convertible
1971 Mach 1
1971 Cougar XR7
1967 F250 Camper Special
I'd snatch them up in a second if you have space and time. (usually it's time and money but you lucked out!)

I'll take a set of sport mirrors if you do get them!

mwilson7

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 429
1972 Mustang Convertible 302
I would definitely grab them if you have the space. As others have said, there are a lot of good parts there!!

EBSTANG

VIP Members
Reaction score
Anybody local enough to want the carcasses...?

I've stripped everything I could, pics to come...

Leftovers still in the cars, which need to be lifted to gain access.

2 Clevelands (I'd hate to see them get scrapped), 4-spd Toploader, power steering gearboxes, front discs, 9" rears, interior AC/heater ducting...

Last edited by a moderator:

72 Green Hornet 4sp

Reaction score
My Car
72 green/green CJ 4sp PW AC
As a middle aged guy with limited space I would recommend you try to sell the cars whole on ebay or this site. Parting out cars takes a long time and tends to annoy the spouse, kids, neighbors etc. I did parting out when I was in college and it was easier then, less zoning rules. Don't wait to long he may have to junk them himself for the estate-Good luck

iceberg65

Reaction score
My Car
72 mustang Mach 1
351c 4v auto
Damn I wish I was nearby, goldmine there! I cant find any parts cars around here (southern alberta) and my grill is literally patched together with metal strips and epoxy haha.

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
I had 2 parts cars at my disposal, and I have to be honest - it just wasn't worth it to me. I mean, even as bad as my car was, there was only 4 or 5 'little' parts between the 2 worth pulling for my project. Everything else I needed to replace from mine was as bad or worse, so I just went the restoration route where I could (and had to), and the repop route everywhere else.

On the other hand, the car I found early on at the salvage yard gave me a 'new' front clip, cowl, trunk lid, and trunk surrounds - but the trunk lid was a bondo'd mess (once I'd stripped the paint) so I wound up tossing it out and got a repop trunklid as well.

I guess it just depends on what you and/or your friends might need.

basstrix

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
1971 Ranchero
Wish I lived closer...would love to have the 4-speed parts to convert my ranchero over. Could use some 9" stuff too.

What is the condition of the ranchero instrument cluster? By chance, did it have buckets and a center console? How about the sst trim along the bottom of rear window? I have 3 of them and the best of the 3 is still a little dinged up. Are the tail light lenses in good condition (cracks, faded)?