Mustang Memories

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope to see all the Michigan members there as well as a few Ontario Members too.

Here the link.

http://www.mocsem.com/mustang_memories/mustang_memories_v2.php
 John, you just beat me to it.

Weather (so far) looks good, so yes, I'll be there. I'm entered in the Judged Class this year, just for the hell of it. NO expectations, but at least I'll get a goody bag!!

See you there. 

Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at the show three years ago but do not remember the hotel I stayed at. A couple of the members stayed at the same hotel. Can someone refresh my memories on where to look at staying?

That is a pretty long journey for me but I feel more confident in the car. Might try to make it and also visit the Henry Ford while there.

I hope to see all the Michigan members there as well as a few Ontario Members too.

Here the link.

Weather (so far) looks good, so yes, I'll be there. I'm entered in the Judged Class this year, just for the hell of it. NO expectations, but at least I'll get a goody bag!!

See you there. 

Geoff.
I was thinking about doing the same, but not sure what class. I have a restored numbers matching car, but the paint and interior colors aren’t factory. Under hood looks stock. So restored stock or modified?

I was at the show three years ago but do not remember the hotel I stayed at. A couple of the members stayed at the same hotel. Can someone refresh my memories on where to look at staying?

That is a pretty long journey for me but I feel more confident in the car. Might try to make it and also visit the Henry Ford while there.
I don’t know the area very well, I’m about 50 miles north of there. I looked at the map and saw there is a Courtyard and a Marriott hotels near by. I think those are pretty expensive, but they may have good security. The Marriott is also close to the Henry Ford Museum. I’m sure a lot of places are booked up for the Dream Cruise. Hope to see you there and have a safe drive if you decide to go.

There’s a Holiday Inn, Red Roof Inn and a Country Inn , plus more within minutes of each other and the Ford World Headquarters.

Glad  to see a few people are going to make it the show. If you are coming to the show from out of town and bringing your car. I would stick with Hilton or Marriott brands. They spend more on security them the cheaper  brands. I used to work for Hilton hotels.

John J

Here the link.

See you there. 

Geoff.
I was thinking about doing the same, but not sure what class. I have a restored numbers matching car, but the paint and interior colors aren’t factory. Under hood looks stock. So restored stock or modified?
  John, I emailed about that and was told that it's NOT concours or anything like that. It's more appearance and cleanliness. I'm in the same boat as you with a numbers car that has changes and upgrades, but under hood is "factory appearing".

There is a deadline to register for Judged that is fast approaching if not already passed. You cannot register on the day of the show for Judged Class.

EDIT; ***Midnight Wednesday Aug 14 th*** See the link for ALL the info.

Geoff.

I don’t know the area very well, I’m about 50 miles north of there. I looked at the map and saw there is a Courtyard and a Marriott hotels near by. I think those are pretty expensive, but they may have good security. The Marriott is also close to the Henry Ford Museum. I’m sure a lot of places are booked up for the Dream Cruise. Hope to see you there and have a safe drive if you decide to go.

There’s a Holiday Inn, Red Roof Inn and a Country Inn , plus more within minutes of each other and the Ford World Headquarters.
I have decided not to take the chance. I did not build the drive train in the car so I do not know what is in there. My poor old truck has 297,000 miles on it if I were to dolly it. If I knew how the engine and transmission were built I would feel better but know absolutely nothing but that is has some kind of aftermarket cam and bored .050" from seeing the tops of the pistons. The C-4 has a different converter and some kind of shift kit but again I know no specifics. The PO did not remember he said. 

Will just do something local I guess.

I have decided not to take the chance. I did not build the drive train in the car so I do not know what is in there. My poor old truck has 297,000 miles on it if I were to dolly it. If I knew how the engine and transmission were built I would feel better but know absolutely nothing but that is has some kind of aftermarket cam and bored .050" from seeing the tops of the pistons. The C-4 has a different converter and some kind of shift kit but again I know no specifics. The PO did not remember he said. 

Ok, I sure don’t blame you. It’s too long of trip to take a chance.

Ok, I sure don’t blame you. It’s too long of trip to take a chance.
 Ditto that!

I just got back from ordering some new BFG Radial TA’s. Only needed the two rears. Went to a local place that we are supposed to get a discount for be a local car club member. They wanted more than 207 each plus mounting and tax, was like 500 bucks. Then I went to Belle Tire, they were 175 each out the door, so 350 for the two. I asked if I could just bring the old ones in and they would change them he said no problem, whatever I was comfortable with. I then asked if I brought the car there would they just jack up the rear and remove old ones and they said no problem with that either. I ordered them and they will be put on Thursday. Will make me feel better about driving to the Ford show fo sure. :)

I just got back from ordering some new BFG Radial TA’s. Only needed the two rears. Went to a local place that we are supposed to get a discount for be a local car club member. They wanted more than 207 each plus mounting and tax, was like 500 bucks. Then I went to Belle Tire, they were 175 each out the door, so 350 for the two. I asked if I could just bring the old ones in and they would change them he said no problem, whatever I was comfortable with. I then asked if I brought the car there would they just jack up the rear and remove old ones and they said no problem with that either. I ordered them and they will be put on Thursday. Will make me feel better about driving to the Ford show for sure. :)
 Mine are 14" and I paid $175 Cdn. Then the fun started. I bought them from a friend who runs a mobile tire service...… of sorts! He tried to balance the Magnum 500 wheels, but I ended up taking them to another tire shop in town to have them properly balanced. 500's are centerless and must be balanced with a special adaptor, mounting them by the bolt holes. That shop wanted $190 apiece and that's what it ending up costing me along with a load of frustration. 

One thing, make sure the date codes are at least close to current. BFG's will read something like 44 18 ( two of mine) week 44 of 2018, i.e. Oct 29 to Nov 4 2018.

Some places will sell you old tires if they can get away with it. The reason I bought new tires was mine were 13 years old and hard as rock.

Hope the weather hold for the weekend, not looking so promising by the latest local forecast, damn it!

Geoff.

I just got back from ordering some new BFG Radial TA’s. Only needed the two rears. Went to a local place that we are supposed to get a discount for be a local car club member. They wanted more than 207 each plus mounting and tax, was like 500 bucks. Then I went to Belle Tire, they were 175 each out the door, so 350 for the two. I asked if I could just bring the old ones in and they would change them he said no problem, whatever I was comfortable with. I then asked if I brought the car there would they just jack up the rear and remove old ones and they said no problem with that either. I ordered them and they will be put on Thursday. Will make me feel better about driving to the Ford show for sure. :)
 Mine are 14" and I paid $175 Cdn. Then the fun started. I bought them from a friend who runs a mobile tire service...… of sorts! He tried to balance the Magnum 500 wheels, but I ended up taking them to another tire shop in town to have them properly balanced. 500's are centerless and must be balanced with a special adaptor, mounting them by the bolt holes. That shop wanted $190 apiece and that's what it ending up costing me along with a load of frustration. 

One thing, make sure the date codes are at least close to current. BFG's will read something like 44 18 ( two of mine) week 44 of 2018, i.e. Oct 29 to Nov 4 2018.

Some places will sell you old tires if they can get away with it. The reason I bought new tires was mine were 13 years old and hard as rock.

Hope the weather hold for the weekend, not looking so promising by the latest local forecast, damn it!

Geoff.
Ya I checked the date codes on my existing tires and they are 2011, so getting kinda old. The guy I talked to even mentioned that he would make sure the date codes were current. I will definitely ask them about the balance adapter, but I’m quite certain they know what they are doing. I have been getting my truck tires and some other stuff done there, always had good luck with them. There’s very many classic cars around here in the summer, so they are familiar with the older ones.

I just looked at the weather and it says a 40 percent chance of rain for Saturday night and into Sunday morning now. So ya, it’s starting to change. Hopefully they are wrong! I was going to pre register tonite, but I may as well wait till tomorrow.

Geoff.
Ya I checked the date codes on my existing tires and they are 2011, so getting kinda old. The guy I talked to even mentioned that he would make sure the date codes were current. I will definitely ask them about the balance adapter, but I’m quite certain they know what they are doing. I have been getting my truck tires and some other stuff done there, always had good luck with them. There’s very many classic cars around here in the summer, so they are familiar with the older ones.

I just looked at the weather and it says a 40 percent chance of rain for Saturday night and into Sunday morning now. So ya, it’s starting to change. Hopefully they are wrong! I was going to pre register tonite, but I may as well wait till tomorrow.
 Good stuff.

Hope we meet up on Sunday!

So the latest forecast is... 20 percent chance of rain on Saturday and Sunday during the day. 40 percent chance of rain Saturday night, but mostly before midnight. So looking good for now. I’m sure they will change it 10 more times b4 then, lol. Anyway I think we’ll be good to go.

So the latest forecast is... 20 percent chance of rain on Saturday and Sunday during the day. 40 percent chance of rain Saturday night, but mostly before midnight. So looking good for now. I’m sure they will change it 10 more times b4 then, lol. Anyway I think we’ll be good to go.
 Yes I saw the latest forecast and it has changed some. You know the old saying; "If you don't like the weather, just wait an hour".

The only weather condition that will keep me from being there is heavy rain. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Geoff.

Yes I saw the latest forecast and it has changed some. You know the old saying; "If you don't like the weather, just wait an hour".

The only weather condition that will keep me from being there is heavy rain. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Geoff.
Well I just pre-registered so I hope that doesn’t make it rain, lol. I did the judged modified class, and I also went with the Mach 1 group too. See ya there!

Latest posts

Back