Mustang Monthly

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Sportroof M code
The new issue of Mustang Monthly has pictures of 30 reader's Mustangs, 29 of them are pre '71 and one Mustang II. Not one '71, '72, or '73.

I don't believe that I'll renew...

Mustang what ? ;-) At least our cars are and remain exclusive and relatively affordable :) The best pictures are on this forum anyway :) My biggest issue is finding ( missing/repro/original ) parts for my car because I guess.... it is so exclusive ;-) Anybody having a spare pair of inner fender splash shields for my 73 convertible by any chance?

Mustang what ? ;-) At least our cars are and remain exclusive and relatively affordable :) The best pictures are on this forum anyway :) My biggest issue is finding ( missing/repro/original ) parts for my car because I guess.... it is so exclusive ;-) Anybody having a spare pair of inner fender splash shields for my 73 convertible by any chance?
Forward or rear? I would have to check and see what I have as spares.

Forward or rear? I would have to check and see what I have as spares.
Thanks for the response! I've sent you a PM.

Yeah not sure what the editor's problem is. Everywhere I take my car I get a lot of looks and compliments from everyone. Even the guys in my local mustang club are the same and I am only one of two 71-3's in the group but they all comment every show or meeting.

He's a hater - has even said so, in print, while he was praising the Mustang II in his opening comments of his first article in MM a few years ago.

He's also a bit of a douche - especially since he came in here guns out telling us that our bloated Clydesdales will be even better represented since they've decided to focus on only everything older than the Fox-bodies. Ha! What he really meant is that now someone will finally give the Mustang IIs some love, and relegate the bloated Clydesdales back to the shadows... where we belong. Worse than a freaken politician.

I think I'm pretty much going to "not renew" this go around as well. If I hear that there are some actual '71-'73 articles to be had from month to month, then I'll find a copy and just buy it outright, I guess.

I got over the "hurt" 35+ years ago. I just went out and built the best '71-3 possible and then watched them heap praises... People are fickle...

We are in this for our satisfaction, if along the way it makes some other's happy, great. If not, they can just keep walking...

I intend to submit my completed restoration as a follow up to the story they did on it when it was a Barn Find. I feel more "hurt" coming...[/align]

I used to look forward to MM in my mailbox back in the 80's when I had my first car (65 Mustang coupe) but let my last subscription lapse a few months back. Looks like I haven't missed anything.

I stopped buying magazines and newspapers years ago. We can now target our searches over the internet for what interests us, plus it's much more current information. Just as we visit this site. Everyone has their own preferences but the 71-73 Mustang has always been the cat's meow to me.

I've subscribed to Mustang Monthly since the eighties. I've gotten it on my iPad the last couple of years. Since editor Donald Farr left I've noticed a drastic decline in the quality of its articles as well as in the layout of the magazine and even the fonts used. As Eric said, you can tell the new editor's a douche by the nasty attitude he displays in his monthly leadoff column. Once my subscription runs out near the end of this year, I'm not renewing it. When they run Pastel Blue's follow-up article, though, I will buy a copy. Pastel's dedication to and persistence with his project is amazing.

January issue had a Boss 351 and a Cobra II just saying.

The mag has taken a turn for the worse since Donald Farr departed.

Maybe they just didn't receive any readers 7173s.

Over the 30 years getting the mag 7173s never been a strong showing in readers rides.

So maybe we should flood them with 7173s.:cool:

Donald Farr didn't depart; he was fired in a cost-cutting measure. That's when I decided not to renew.

January issue had a Boss 351 and a Cobra II just saying.

The mag has taken a turn for the worse since Donald Farr departed.

Maybe they just didn't receive any readers 7173s.

Over the 30 years getting the mag 7173s never been a strong showing in readers rides.

So maybe we should flood them with 7173s.:cool:
Been a MM subscriber since 1991.

Wonder if someone with the knowledge and experience could start a 7173 mag, even an online one would be good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Donald Farr didn't depart; he was fired in a cost-cutting measure. That's when I decided not to renew.
Yeah, I remember that. I was trying to give 'em a chance, but I agree that sending him off was the dumbest move they made... aside from putting Rob Kinan in the editor's slot, that is.

Meh - it matters a lot less to me now, knowing that WE [collective "We," that is] are the end-all, be-all of all things '71-'73 Mustangs - thanks to Barry (Rocketfoot) putting this site up and keeping it running all these years, and all the fine folks that come here to share in the experience.

Bravo, Everybody! :bravo:

Most of you guys started your subscription when I dropped them along with MCA back in the 80's. They were always filled with inaccurate info and I think only their buddies cars. There was a centerfold on month of a 73 Mach 1 that I knew personally. It was now owned by the then head MCA judge and a well know high end restorer now that I will not name. The car left N.C. with 18,000 miles but had 12,000 in the mag article and they were saying the very rare rear valance panel with the eyebrows was original when my friend I knew had added it here. So mileage change and miss representation of how the car was original by MM and the head judge of MCA. If someone has the old issues it was a Gold Glow 73 Mach 1.

I think over the years they have used the mag. to bump up values on theirs and friends cars not to tell the story of the Mustang.

That is my opinion, lol.

Hey we got winter here 8" of snow and 11 deg. last night and single digits tonight. Ski slopes are happy.

I too have noticed in recent months that the content and quality have diminished dramatically, to the point that, well, let me put it this way, MM used to stay in the "reading room" for most of the month, now it's there only a few days and it's done with..... till next month.

I paid for a 2 year sub and have several months left on it, but I may drop it next time unless they pick up the quality.

I too have noticed in recent months that the content and quality have diminished dramatically, to the point that, well, let me put it this way, MM used to stay in the "reading room" for most of the month, now it's there only a few days and it's done with..... till next month.

I paid for a 2 year sub and have several months left on it, but I may drop it next time unless they pick up the quality.
LOL! I actually installed a nice cabinet above the throne primarily for the purpose of storing the reading materials... oh, and paperwork supplies as well. rofl

But yeah - same sentiment here. ::thumb::

Back