Mustangs 50th Show at Charlotte Speedway

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Nice show and thanks for sharing.

The Mustang clubs really seem to concentrate on the late models now. Yes I get it they have to stay in tune with PROGRESS, THE TIMES...blah blah blah. The show had really nice early Mustangs and late models as well, heck in the back ground there was even a 70 coupe..... but as you stated NOT ONE 71-3 even in background shots.

Gentlemen...looks like that old negative attitude is alive and well regarding our cars. For me, that's why I'll never waste my time at a Mustang Club of America show again. I might go and do a walk by...but that is the extent. Hell I am willing to bet on the 50th anniversary of the 71 they wont showcase it. If they do I bet they'll have 90% new cars and maybe a handful of 71's. you guys with 72 and 3's ...ya dont stand a chance.

Thanks Dana,

I'm glad you enjoyed the show. Yeah, i hear what you're saying, and i tend to agree. It's not easy to remove deep seated ideas and perceptions is it.:s

Cheers mate!

Greg.:)
I thought about this thread last night while AzzMonkey Garage did a bit on a 72 sportsroof. If he said once he did it 3 times and possibly 4..."these big old heavy cars" and then finish the sentence with needing more power and comparing our series to the cool classics with light body's and HUGE horsepower. So I guess with shows like that will continue to teach the public INCORRECT facts.

Back