Mustangs By The Bay had SEVEN in our class this year

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stangace20

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 351C Gold Glow
1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
Went to my club's annual show down at the embarcadero park here in San Diego and it was great this year, (300+ cars)

There were SEVEN 71-73 cars in my class this year, which is definitely one of the bigger turn outs we had for our class over the past few years. And even though it of course meant that there more competition we still managed to place.

Though the guy who owns that dark red one (who never lifts the hood) beat me out w/ his 10k paint job AGAIN.....though thankfully he didn't get first this time. (he did last year though we got 2nd) cause I honestly don't think a car should win anything on paint alone unless the award is specifically for paint.

IMG_6562.jpg

IMG_6521.jpg

IMG_6522.jpg

IMG_6523.jpg

IMG_6524.jpg

IMG_6526.jpg

I also met Mike from the site (aka mach71351C) who was showing his wife's car since his mach isn't done. And I believe the silver mach 1 belonged to another member of this site which I was able to talk to for a few minutes as well, so it was cool to meet them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The maroon one sure looks nice and clean!

great turn out...Some nice cars!! I my self "personal opinon" like seeing stripes on these years of stangs...so i kinda lean to the black one..silver and gold stangs;)

btw...why are all the pretty striped mustangs with there hoods open? hehe all the strait colors..hoods closed...hehe...i think the red one in the pic looks a bit better just cause the hood is close mostly...but it is a nice paint job.

Very nice group of cars. The maroon car reminds me of an old school street freak without the wild graphics. Kinda like the early 80's. To keep the rear tires from hurting the paint the rear suspension has to be real stiff, there ain't much tire clearance there.

btw...why are all the pretty striped mustangs with there hoods open? hehe all the strait colors..hoods closed...hehe...i think the red one in the pic looks a bit better just cause the hood is close mostly...but it is a nice paint job.
yeah I think the car looks better w/ it's hood closed too, I guess mine was closed because I always used to catch flak for not having the hood open when we first started showing the car after we restored it. I'm gonna have to try and leave it down for a few shows next year, cause as you said all the machs w/ the stripes/decals on the hoods had the hoods up. And I do have a pic of the engine on my display poster

I agree 100% - all shows should have a mandatory "hoods closed" time period for better picture taking. Having a bunch of pictures of cars with the hoods up is like having a bunch of pictures of cars with the hoods up, :huh::rolleyes:

Wow really like the maroon one! I love maroon and burgundy's and I keep thinking I might go with it instead of blue when I get mine painted! Geez hard decisions! :huh::shrug2:

IMG_6523.jpg

Very cool!

Robert (thunderc64), a new neighbor that has a blue 72 Mach 1 (Jay) and I were going to drive our Mach 1s to the local cruise in last week but was rained out. There is never a 71-73 at the cruise ins. Hmm, I could snag my other buddy's 72 that I baby sit occasionally and make it 4 if my son drives mine.

At least every couple of weeks now Robert & Jay both have shown up in my driveway with their cars so I guess my statement above isn't quite true. We have our own driveway cruise in where it's 4 Mach 1s and ONLY 1 65 vert, 1 05 vert and a 93 GT hatchback. :cool:

Back