Mustangs Unlimited

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yancy55

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351 - original owner
Anyone know why Mustangs Unlimited went kaput? Living in the northeast, they made for very convenient shopping....

Why? I have no idea. My *guess* is that after nearly 35 years,  the owner, Chris Hoverman decided it was time to simply be a landlord rather than running a hobby business. He (or his company) owns a bunch of commercial properties in the Manchester area, including the three buildings where MU originally was located. 

Have you tried NE Performance Mustang? I've looked at their website, just don't know if it's worth the trip from Southern CT. 

It is difficult to make any money in the mustang parts business unless you are the one making the parts. One thing Daniel Carpenter did that was smart is he does not direct sell. He only sells to parts houses. So he make a run of parts sells them to suppliers and they sit on their shelves and gather dust waiting on someone to order them. Very smart business move. Expensive to have a space for all the parts, keep employees to stock and pull orders and pack them. Lots of the Mustang parts sellers will drop out soon cannot survive wages too high and no profit margin.

Back