My 1971 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jas280z

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 H code FMX Grabber Blue with 5W Deluxe White Interior
http://imgur.com/a/GYfRb

This is my 1971 Mach 1 H code 351C, 66,XXX original miles. It has an FMX transmission and 3.00 open rear end. The drive train is all original. It is one of 385 with this color/trim combo, Grabber Blue and white Mach 1 Sport Interior. The car was sympathetically restored prior to my purchase. the exterior was professionally resprayed and any necessary body work was completed. The interior is mostly original.

I purchased it pretty much as it sits now in August, 2015. Since buying it, I have thoroughly cleaned the interior (although I did not take as many picture of the interior as I should have) and swapped the stock 2 barrel carb for an Edelbrock 1406 600cfm 4 barrel that i had lying around.

This spring I plan on replacing the carpet, since it is pretty worn out, and upgrading the carb to an Edelbrock 1806 650cfm.

Long term, I hope to pull the engine. I want to install a set of Edelbrock aluminum heads and most likely a cam. I do not want to alter the drivetrain too considerably, I want all changes I make to be reversible over the course of a weeked or two. Obviously I have and will keep all OEM parts. While the engine is out, I will likely use that time to clean up and likely re-spray the engine bay. It currently shows much more patina than the rest of the car.

While I enjoy showing the car, I bought it to drive. Since purchasing it late last summer, I put over 1,000 miles on it.

Very nice! I love the color. Ryan.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments!

Looks great. It has a Mecum plate on it , did you get it at auction?
I did, I picked it up at Harrisburg this past August.

Very nice ::thumb::

Is your trim code GW out of interest?

My Mach has the 3F/GW combo but the seats have been changed to all black at some point, but GW is described as; "White Vinyl with Black Appointments"

My Mach has the 3F/GW combo but the seats have been changed to all black at some point, but GW is described as; "White Vinyl with Black Appointments"
My trim code is 5W, which I believe denotes the Mach 1 Sport interior in white.

My trim code is 5W, which I believe denotes the Mach 1 Sport interior in white.
Thanks, my search continues to what GW should look like :)

Back