My 1st 71-73 Project.. it's a great day!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been over 2 years since I posted this.. .. and so much has changed... 

I think a apology is in order.. almost nothing has been done in that time.. 

There are lots of reasons but I won't bore you with details.  

That said.. I will cut to the chase.. when I really got down to the nitty gritty of this car..the amount of rust repair was substantial. It would take roof, both quarters and a full floor.. to make this car road worthwhile.  Thats not counting the extensive front rust repair..

Plus I have no paperwork for the car...

So.... I'm 61 now.. and not foolish enough to not realize what I really want..what time I have.   Bottom line this car is not getting built. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I made this decision because I only ever wanted a fastback. 

I picked one up a year or so.. titled.. but needing as much work as the Grande.. 

So now the Grande will be a donor for that project..

Here is a video showing the replacement project..

You may comment..I have thick skin..

First observation....you have the right attitude and are not fooling yourself that it is "easy".  You mentioned bikes and cars so you probably understand the s ope of the task you have undertaken..  It looks like there is little real rust on it and that is a huge benefit. Welcome to the forums.  The other guys on here have an unparalleled breadth of knowledge on these cars. Two pics enclosed. Older one is when I got the car in 1995 or so. Latest is from 3 wks ago. Car sat for 20+ yes. Just keep at it and you will see progress. The folks on here motivate me and I hope they do the same for you

20201017_195227.jpg

20191009_182440.jpg

@soonerbillz 

"So.... I'm 61 now.. and not foolish enough to not realize what I really want..what time I have." 

Everybody above 50 knows we don't count passed that mile. You are as old as you want it to be!
Now nuff talking and go protect that roof from rain before you have to patch holes in it!

Looking forward to see your progress!
Good luck! :D

Back