My 71 Build thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got to take the mustang on its maiden voyage yesterday. Took it for a couple small drives around the block to make sure all was good then drove it into town to fill with fuel. Put about 25 mile on it and felt good to be driving it again! First time on the road since 2002

Attachments

• 33D7D6DF-0869-4645-82C8-E7867043CD7D.jpeg
    33D7D6DF-0869-4645-82C8-E7867043CD7D.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 1
Finally got to take the mustang on its maiden voyage yesterday. Took it for a couple small drives around the block to make sure all was good then drove it into town to fill with fuel. Put about 25 mile on it and felt good to be driving it again! First time on the road since 2002
That thing is beautiful enjoy

Last edited:
Paint and bodywork is exceptional on your car, nice job!

So Awesome, nice car

Flashback to then and now..
Found a old picture of my mustang from 1986 after I did the first repaint (semi restoration) on it. It was a ok job for a driver type car in 1986 but as time went on I always wished I would’ve took more time and did a little better job overall.
I was 21 years old and didn’t have the experience/skills or attention to detail I’ve learned since then. Also I’m sure funds had something to do with it! Lol
Anyways it just brought back some memories after seeing that picture from back then. I’m so glad to have the car done today the way I should’ve did it back then. I’ve put a couple hundred miles on it in the last 2-3 months since completion and love being able to drive it again!

Attachments

• C9D1794E-128B-4A3E-939D-4C9855A65076.jpeg
    C9D1794E-128B-4A3E-939D-4C9855A65076.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • DDE7A536-FF7D-432F-8352-503AD5BDFB0F.jpeg
    DDE7A536-FF7D-432F-8352-503AD5BDFB0F.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
Flashback to then and now..
Found a old picture of my mustang from 1986 after I did the first repaint (semi restoration) on it. It was a ok job for a driver type car in 1986 but as time went on I always wished I would’ve took more time and did a little better job overall.
I was 21 years old and didn’t have the experience/skills or attention to detail I’ve learned since then. Also I’m sure funds had something to do with it! Lol
Anyways it just brought back some memories after seeing that picture from back then. I’m so glad to have the car done today the way I should’ve did it back then. I’ve put a couple hundred miles on it in the last 2-3 months since completion and love being able to drive it again!
It looked good for a 21 year old's car, but it looks way better now. It's great you could restore to her full glory!

Looks really good. Need to give yourself a big pat on the back and take pride in the fine work you did. I think we all look back at our cars and wish we would have done a few things differently, it's just human nature of being indecisive.

In the 86 picture did it have a black interior?
Yea it did . It had white originally from factory but when I bought it in 1983 a previous owner had dyed it all black. All the dye was wore off the piping on the seats and the headliner and sunvisers were all spotty and not fully covered with white dye. I parted out another 71 probably around 1984 that had nice black deluxe interior so I installed the door panels and seats into this one. Changing the interior back to white was another reason I wanted to redo the car cause I always thought the white would compliment the grabber blue exterior.
It’s also a lot nicer to drive when it’s hot out compared to the black

Yea it did . It had white originally from factory but when I bought it in 1983 a previous owner had dyed it all black. All the dye was wore off the piping on the seats and the headliner and sunvisers were all spotty and not fully covered with white dye. I parted out another 71 probably around 1984 that had nice black deluxe interior so I installed the door panels and seats into this one. Changing the interior back to white was another reason I wanted to redo the car cause I always thought the white would compliment the grabber blue exterior.
It’s also a lot nicer to drive when it’s hot out compared to the black
1690576663672.jpeg

You going Grabber Blue or Wimbledon White ?
I have finally decided Wimbledon White, for sure, I think. :unsure:

Every time I see pictures of Revsitup's car I second guess myself, it is really a work of art.

Back