My 72 Mustang ragtop

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

murstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Hey everybody. I've been a guest on this site for quite a while and I believe I've made enough progress on my 72 mustang rag to finally join and post a couple of pictures of it. I bought from a couple who stored it way more than they drove it, judging by the mice nest in the engine bay. As soon as I got it home the Cleveland and FMX came out and got freshened up. I also cleaned up the engine bay to the factory appearance. The biggest change in the personality of the car came when I added the spoiler, lowered it and bolted on the 20" Foose wheels. Oh yeah the color. Bright lime. People either love it or hate it . But I love it and if I ever get around to painting it , it's staying bright lime. Thanks guys (and gals). I look forward to sharing info and ideas with you all.

IMG_1466.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

Hey everybody. I've been a guest on this site for quite a while and I believe I've made enough progress on my 72 mustang rag to finally join and post a couple of pictures of it. I bought from a couple who stored it way more than they drove it, judging by the mice nest in the engine bay. As soon as I got it home the Cleveland and FMX came out and got freshened up. I also cleaned up the engine bay to the factory appearance. The biggest change in the personality of the car came when I added the spoiler, lowered it and bolted on the 20" Foose wheels. Oh yeah the color. Bright lime. People either love it or hate it . But I love it and if I ever get around to painting it , it's staying bright lime. Thanks guys (and gals). I look forward to sharing info and ideas with you all.
Bright Lime? I love it - sums up the groovy seventies-ness of the car!

Welcome to the forums! No need to wait to post! All owners and fans are welcome! Glad you decided to join up! We're glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Welcome man!! Nice looking vert you have there!!... I´m firmly believe that our era verts are by far, the best looking of all mustang verts..

Enjoy our site!

Welcome.

When you say dropped, you mean DROPPED! For your custom look, the car really looks good sitting low with the 20" wheels.

Do you have any tire clearance problems?

BTW Bright Lime is a great color - I know of a Boss 351 in Canada that is ultra nice - I think it is Grabber Lime.

Bright lime is more yellow to me than the Grabber Lime...

Ray

Hi and welcome to the site!

Ok, where do I start? I absolutely love the color, the stance, the spoiler and the wheels.

Damn, that´s a killer you got there. I might even say that IMHO this is the best convertible on this site!

Congrats, I´m jealous! That´s the direction mine was supposed to go, but it will take a while before it gets there......

Welcome. Nice ride! Do you mind providing info on your drop and wheel size etc.

Welcome aboard! If that car is the measure of when to start posting...I'm screwed! ;)

Mac
No worries Mac. My Mustang pictures don't show the mutitude of paint chips or the faded paint. They also don't show the interior work needed, but it is a work in progress and I'm having a riot driving it just the way it is for now.

::welcome:: enjoy the site. Hey another Canadian member and myself are meeting at Niagra Falls this sunday if you are interested.
Sorry dude . While I never need much of an excuse to drive my car I'm on the west coast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome to the site!

Ok, where do I start? I absolutely love the color, the stance, the spoiler and the wheels.

Damn, that´s a killer you got there. I might even say that IMHO this is the best convertible on this site!

Congrats, I´m jealous! That´s the direction mine was supposed to go, but it will take a while before it gets there......
Thanks Mike, but my car has a long way to go (both money and time) before I'll ever park it next to so many of the other cars on this site, including yours. I checked out the pics of your ragtop more than once when mine was ripped apart. You have a very cool ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back