My car in a scam listing :(

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could always contact the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center, tell them you currently own it and have them investigate the site...

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
I filled it out, but they really want you to be the victim of something and to know who victimized you. So i filled it out as best I could and put this in the description box for the complaint. Not sure it will go anywhere. 

I was not a victim, but trying to prevent others from becoming victims. This website https://www.automall-online.com is taking legitimate car for sale listings from sites like Hemmings and others, adding the listing to their site, modifying the price, claiming to have these cars, when the car was never theirs to list in the first place. 

I found this out because I bought a car from a legitimate listing on Hemmings.com back in February. All went well, all is good. But I recently googled my VIN number and found my car, supposedly for sale on this site, when a. My car is not for sale, and b. It was never for sale at this price. The photos and description were lifted from the legitimate Hemmings.com listing. The photos were altered by adding the Automall-Online watermark, and the license plates were hidden. 

This is absolutely intentional fraud intended to receive full or partial payment on cars that are not owned or for sale by automall-online.com. 

This is the automall-online listing for my car that is not their car to sell and that I never gave them permission to sell. 

https://www.automall-online.com/cars/1973-ford-mustang-mach-1-351-4-v-cleavand-engine-15-magnums-and-bfg-tires_i624

You will also see here, that others have attempted to purchase cars through this site, and figured out the scheme, but that doesn't mean others were not victimized. 

https://reportscam.com/automall-onlinecom?page=2

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of help in seeing that this website is shut down and the owner of it brought to justice. Thank You. 

Your a third party to this by having your vin #'s posted as a part of a fraud scheme. Hopefully they will have the FBI knocking at their door soon...

Have you gotten the car titled or registered in your state? If so, it will be accessible by the VIN by law enforcement. If someone falls for the scam and then reports it to law enforcement someone would likely show up at your door asking questions.

You did the right thing by reporting it through the FBI's website. If you do have it registered I would also see if there's some way to report it to your state DMV, you might also talk to your local law enforcement about it, see what they say.

Cover your a$$ as much as possible.

I never got any reply from them or anyone. The FBI is useless. In my Hagerty magazine in 2018 I think they stated that it was like $25,000,000 taken and zero recovery by the FBI. If you use a VPN they pretty much I guess cannot find you. I have a VPN in China and could go to any site I wanted and China could not block me. 

I have been told usually Russian and Africa. Just never try to buy except in person. Plane tickets are cheap compared to thousands for nothing.

I have been told usually Russian and Africa. Just never try to buy except in person. Plane tickets are cheap compared to thousands for nothing.
 Totally agree. That's exactly why I flew to LA to see my car in person, not that in my case, I had any real doubts as I'd talked to the seller by phone several times. It made for a great weekend away and I made a friend in the process.

I never got any reply from them or anyone. The FBI is useless. In my Hagerty magazine in 2018 I think they stated that it was like $25,000,000 taken and zero recovery by the FBI. If you use a VPN they pretty much I guess cannot find you. I have a VPN in China and could go to any site I wanted and China could not block me. 

I never got a response either. Hopefully someone is working on it. They might be able to set up a transaction and follow the money. They are pretty good at that. 

I use a VPN occasionally, but if I leave it on all the time, I start getting search results for things based in that country, so I typically don't use it. 

Totally agree. That's exactly why I flew to LA to see my car in person, not that in my case, I had any real doubts as I'd talked to the seller by phone several times. It made for a great weekend away and I made a friend in the process.
Yup. That's why I flew to Tennessee for mine, rented a U-Haul and a trailer and drove it home. Stopped at Eddie's on the way home in Texas. Was nice to meet him and his wife. They owned the car since new. Had their first date in it, got married in it, taught their kids and grand kids how to drive in it.  Was neat to learn their history with the car and they enjoyed seeing the car again. Can't put a price on that.  

Back