My car!! Someone pinch me!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome car and I am in love again.....Total home run being a stick car. I am happy for you and jealous too.

Great buy. I do like the black too vs yellow .

Awesome! Great find, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on what looks to be a killer ride!

I rescued a 73 mach 1 from a wrecking yard that was a German export. DSO 99. Still had the T5 emblems on the fenders.

Car is on the high seas! Man......I cant wait! I hope the bumper is supposed to look like that.........can someone confirm?
I suspect that was done by the tow truck winch cable. When I needed mine towed the cable was going to do the same thing. Needless to say I requested another style tow truck.

I cant believe it! I actually own this 429cj::thumb::

I dont know if this is the correct forum to post this.......but, here is a pic....more to come!

It is a picture of the car getting picked up at the seller.
Nice car I feel a little jellous"........

Is it a 3 pedal car ?

Car is on the high seas! Man......I cant wait! I hope the bumper is supposed to look like that.........can someone confirm?
I suspect that was done by the tow truck winch cable. When I needed mine towed the cable was going to do the same thing. Needless to say I requested another style tow truck.
Shucks......I had hoped you wouldnt say that. Anyway.....checkout the picture of the car just BEFORE being loaded into container.....the spoiler looks fine........I dunno...

Optical illusion??

IMG_1566.JPG

Great looking Stang! Hope she treats ya good!

It would be cool to track it by GPS!!!

While we are on the subject. Were 71-73 Stangs - exported to Europe back in the day?
They were. Mine is an export model with metric gauges.

T-5 was ONLY for Germany because of a trademark conflict as the name "Mustang" was owned by a German company.

The other European countries got "Mustangs", not "T-5s"

Shucks......I had hoped you wouldnt say that. Anyway.....checkout the picture of the car just BEFORE being loaded into container.....the spoiler looks fine........I dunno...

Optical illusion??
The extreme bend in the pic could be exaggerated by perspective because of the angle the picture was taken but it's still not normal.

When they tow those cars, they attach the cable to the frame, usually the strut rod brace. That brace sits higher than the spoiler. Then they pull the car up onto the bed of the truck so the wire gets pulled tight against the spoiler, kinda like an upturned triangle where the spoiler is the lowest angle.

The good news is that those spoilers are cheap to replace....

I have a video of the car going on to the flatbed........the tow cable was NOT used. I have confirmed with the former owner that the slight upward kink has always been there. Backed up by a few photos. It is hardly noticeable though....I think the angle exagerated the kink.

A slightly more concerning problem has arisen from the video though......the car was 'latched' to the flatbed with two big metal hooks on the rear axle.....I hope this hasn't damaged the rear brake lines. See pic from video below.....

Car should be here in DK on the 4th. Nov.! YEY!

IMG_1651.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
On the hauler the mounting points in the back are behind the car. The hooks go above the axle and pull back keeping the car from moving forward. The set at the front of the hauler keep the car from moving backwards. You should be good.

Back