My F-100

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Q code Mach 1
Finally got my 67 F-100 out of the shop. Put some 275/60/15 Mickey Thompson S/T's on it, on 15x8 wheels. It kinda hooks up now. It has a 1970 car 390 (9.5:1) with a few bolt ons. Taking it up to the dyno next Saturday.

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_12871.jpg

IMG_13041.jpg

Your truck oozes coolness! I like it a lot! What is/was the graphic on the door?
That is the great mystery... they were sanded off/painted over when I got it. I think it might have been a DNR truck.. It has a factory L/S rear, red paint, had 1/4" plate front skid plate, and tree marking tape was in the cab corners.

Cool Truck. I had a 69 F100. It had a 6cyl 3 speed when I got it. Then I installed a 390 4V C6 from a 67 Thunderbird. I maid the mistake of putting Pro-Tracs N-50-15s all the way around. It was a joy to steer in parking lots with no power steering. other than that it was a fun truck.

Mine was manual brakes/steering until a couple of years ago. I drove through high school, and into college. I'd like to say it helped develop my chest and legs. :)

Today, I'm swapping to a '70 tank and fuel line, since they are 3/8" vs 5/16". It runs out of fuel at the top end of a pass. After that, it's front disk brakes. The stock drums don't haul it down at the top end of a pass.

Pretty neat. Lots of similarities with your truck and my 66 F-100 when I first got it. Right down to the holes in the tailgate where someone mounted a license plate. Mine still has the 352 that I warmed up similarly to yours except I have a performer RPM intake but do not have the rocker shaft spacers with the Comp cam.

I love that truck!!!

Speaking of such I'm toying with the idea of a truck and 6 cyl with a five spd for gas miles so I can convince myself I can have a cool work truck.... what are good 5spd donors. I'll open a new thread so I dont distract from this cool lil red truck

I love that truck!!!

Speaking of such I'm toying with the idea of a truck and 6 cyl with a five spd for gas miles so I can convince myself I can have a cool work truck.... what are good 5spd donors. I'll open a new thread so I dont distract from this cool lil red truck
Do it man!

Back