My home was robbed today

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1
My house was broken into today while I was at work. They kicked in my back french doors. My neighbor saw them in my driveway and they fled before they got too much or did too much damage. I have been dealing with the police, my insurance and someone to drill my safe all afternoon.

White SUV 4 black male late teens

Madison, Tennesee area

Flat screen Sharp Aquos TV

Sony PS3

3 Watches

25 -30 pounds of Black Powder

and I don't know what else until I can get into the safe. Thankfully it looks like they didn't get in and I had placed my watch collection and hopefully my silver coins in there a few weeks ago.

Car, motorcycles and tools were all left behind -though they dropped my torque wrench at least 5 feet onto a hardwood floor, I'm guessing recalibration will be necessary and they stole my Estwing hammer.

Thankfully, they took nothing of sentimental value or that can't be replaced. I hope the black powder is recovered without anyone besides the thieves being hurt-as to them . . . . meh

I am so thankful my neighbor came home before they drove off in my car and rode off on my motorcycles, or got into my gun safe.

Sorry to hear that.

When i was in grade 8 my house was broken into 2 days in a row. On the second day I was walking into the house and my neighbour started yelling. As i was walking in, the lowlife was running out!

Why are you having to drill your safe? Did you lose your combination? Did they ruin the lock?

Sorry to hear that Jeff!! I hope they catch those SOBs!!! Nothing worse than a thief. I feel for ya, pretty shitty feeling. Our place was broken into about 10 years ago. We have since upgraded and got a security system. Good luck dealing with the cops a d insurance. I hope the get the bad guys and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law!

Sorry to hear about that Jeff, glad no one was hurt, could have gotten nasty if someone was home when they kicked in the door. Hopefully they were just travelling through and don't live in the area, if they do live in the area and saw something they didn't get a chance to take, they may be back. Check all windows and doors to insure they didn't arrange easy access for a second try. So until you get your security in place you may want to leave a radio or television on when you're not at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Winchester will replace the safe. The dial is completely destroyed. I've cleaned up everything I can for the night. The police were professional and came in force and actually took the time to dust for fingerprints. As to the insurance company. . . . They have always treated me well, I didn't lose enough to get worried about if they have an issue, and I am most familiar with the industry.

My house was broken into today while I was at work. They kicked in my back french doors. My neighbor saw them in my driveway and they fled before they got too much or did too much damage. I have been dealing with the police, my insurance and someone to drill my safe all afternoon.

White SUV 4 black male late teens

Madison, Tennesee area

Flat screen Sharp Aquos TV

Sony PS3

3 Watches

25 -30 pounds of Black Powder

and I don't know what else until I can get into the safe. Thankfully it looks like they didn't get in and I had placed my watch collection and hopefully my silver coins in there a few weeks ago.

Car, motorcycles and tools were all left behind -though they dropped my torque wrench at least 5 feet onto a hardwood floor, I'm guessing recalibration will be necessary and they stole my Estwing hammer.

Thankfully, they took nothing of sentimental value or that can't be replaced. I hope the black powder is recovered without anyone besides the thieves being hurt-as to them . . . . meh

I am so thankful my neighbor came home before they drove off in my car and rode off on my motorcycles, or got into my gun safe.
There are just a few things that would pizz me off more. I do hope it all settles well.

Sorry to hear about your situation but I'm glad you're ok.

Sorry to hear that, nothing worse than these low lives to just feel free to invade your home and steal from you, your possessions you've worked hard for. Been on the receiving end of this a couple of times myself, once as a kid and the only clothes I had left was what I was wearing, worse part was we knew exactly who it was (scumbag next door neighbours and the trash guy up the road, dad got revenge though, not a guy to mess with, lol) and the second time was no long after we moved into a place in the neighbourhood where I grew up (a dump, knew shouldn't have moved, but) and stole a ring that was passed down from each generation, if I found out who it was still to this day, I'd break them (that's being kind) as my dad has still hasn't really forgiven me, though he says he has. The feeling of coming home to finding that some scumbag has entered your place uninvited and feel free to take your stuff is something that does not sit well with me. I really hope your laws over there are better than here in Australia, as if they catch them here for the same thing, the court will let them off with a good behaviour bond, or if they're really unlucky they'll get community service. I hope that the insurance company ain't going to try and rob you too, and all goes well with them. Also a good thing you have good neighbours and managed to make this situation better than what it could've turned out to be.

Back