My home was robbed today

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear that, Jeff.

Thieves and vandals, nothing I hate more.

If you want something, ask me, I might even give it to you on a good day but leave my belongings alone. I worked for those and I have them because I enjoy them.

I wish we could shoot someone who breaks into your house. Stupid European laws.

Jeff, I hate to hear about your robbery there. I am glad to see you and your family are safe! When I see French doors in a house, my first thoughts are, "This has to be a vulnerability or weak link to home security." Are the plans to bolster that entrance area? Good luck in getting things back in order.

mustang7173

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish we could shoot someone who breaks into your house. Stupid European laws.
Definitely shoot first ask questions later! Only problem is you still have to be home to catch 'em.

Sorry to hear about this Jeff. Hope it ends up as painless as possible. It's been over 35 years since I've been burglarized and I still can feel that empty helpless feeling. Mine was a high-end stereo equipment and a vintage '63 Birdland guitar. The only things I owned at the time and the last time I really played guitar. Very sad indeed.

I did not sleep well last night. I'm down to one accessible gun and a single magazine of ammo. At lunch today I will pick up a spare box of hollow points and few replacement magazines. I would not want to defend myself and my home against 4 men with only 6 shots available. I'm really not happy being limited to one .45ACP, so it may be time for a new 12Ga since I can't access the ones in the safe

Door security will be improved. I'm not going to say exactly what precautions are being added, but rest assured there will be several upgrades and future thieves would be well advised to pass my house by next time.

Sorry to hear that Jeff

Glad it wasn't too bad

Sorry to hear that this happened to you. It makes the case for bringing back corporal punishment. It is real punishment and doesn't impose a large tax burden on the public. I hope things smooth out for you soon. Chuck

Jeff sorry to hear about this. Glad your neighbor was mindful enough to keep their eyes open and that you did not loose alot of stuff or sentimental items. Best wishes in getting back to a new normal soon.

Our daughter lives near the airport. It is a really nice pocket of homes but she was broken into early into the remodel. We bought a camera system from Costco and the guys working on the house got them installed on every corner of the house. They actually were not hooked up until we came out last year at this time but she never had another problem

On an unrelated note, are you going to the Good-Guys show there this weekend?

Jeff,

Hate that but glad no family injured. My neighbor was robbed at 11:00 am one day with alarm system. Kicked door in grabbed TV and computer and out in seconds. A friend at work was on vacation they came in backed up to his deck took a sawsall and cut around his gun safe, bolted to the floor, rolled it out on deck sawed the railing down and put it on truck and worried about getting into it later. He had some really expensive guns.

Motion detectors with really loud outside sirens make a lot of noise and get attention and they usually run. I have a picture on the outside of my gun safes that shows the powder in there and tells them it will explode if you attempt to open.

Jeff sorry to hear that. You'll get screwed more by the police and insurance than the thieves.
Really? How so?

Time for an update: The burglars were caught. 7 youths had burglarized 2 homes and stole 2 cars. Some of my stolen property is being returned, some is probably gone forever.
Glad they caught them and some of your stuff will be returned. 7 youths huh? That's the makings of a gang in my thinking...so they'll probably get released under youthful offender laws and back on the street to steal again but now with street cred.

Time for an update: The burglars were caught. 7 youths had burglarized 2 homes and stole 2 cars. Some of my stolen property is being returned, some is probably gone forever.
Glad they caught them and some of your stuff will be returned. 7 youths huh? That's the makings of a gang in my thinking...so they'll probably get released under youthful offender laws and back on the street to steal again but now with street cred.
Bingo!

Plus if they've been linked to 2 housebreaking/larcenies and 2 auto thefts, statistics indicate there are another 20 housebreaking/larcenies and 20 auto thefts they got away with. If their parents or adult guardians don't step forward they're destined for a violent future with many more victims to come.

Back