My Mustang in magazines

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
I dunno if I have already posted this but I don't think so.

My car was featured in two German magazines a few years ago.

I simply took pictures of the framed pages on the wall due to copyright reasons. You don't wanna mess with German copyright lawyers!!

I can send scans on request by PM if anybody wants them.

The pictures are older, as you can see the car still had the 15 inch Torq Thrusts, The small hood scoop and the blacked out standard grille.

The first one is from 2010 in a German magazine (Pics taken in 2009) that only covers American cars and bikes. This meant a lot to me because it's one of the two top magazines on American cars in Germany (and the best of them IMHO).

By the way, the headline "Misunderstood" stands for the fact that those cars are wrongfully overlooked and that people who gripe about their size and weight don't know what they were initially built for, regarding power, big blocks and competition with other muscle cars. Pretty fair article for a change that did not bash the cars or talk them down.

(Don't ask me why the pic shows sideways. won't do what I want it to, sorry!)

IMG_5133.JPG

The second one was pretty weird. It was originally shot for the other car magazine mentioned above in 2006 (note the yellow standard grille before I blacked it out!!) but the photographer (freelance) quit working with them and so he sold the pics to other publishers.

So these showed up in 2009 in a magazine that has nothing to do with cars whatsoever. Or let's put it this way: They feature a lots of airbags and plastic body mods. :)

A fellow Mustanger owned a newsstand and one day he calls me up and asks how I managed to get my car featured among all those other men toys and wouldn't buy that I did not have the slightest idea what he was talking about. Good thing he gave me the magazine later.

Here it is (Yeah, I know you'd rather see the rest of the magazine but this is all you get. Or maybe PM me. :) )

IMG_5136.JPG

By the way, all the pics from that shoot can be found here on a German online car magazine:

http://www.americar.de/magazin/auto-des-monats/da-geht-die-sonne-auf-1971er-ford-mustang-convertible-als-daily-driver-farbenfroher-lichtblick-im-verregneten-europa.590

Sorry, the top pic won't show straight although it shows correctly on my computer. Funny. Tried to fix it to no avail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool. there is something about seeing your car published in a magazine that can make you feel proud

Very nice, dig it!

I know I'd be honored!

VERY Cool!! ::thumb::

Not quite as cool, but I had built a custom computer (looked exactly like Rusty Wallace's #2 Miller Lite Taurus) and it was featured in a British Tech magazine. Kinda weird seeing your stuff featured like that (and even on a calendar published by your favorite website ;) )... but "good weird."

I like the things you've done to your car - I've always said the 'verts and coupes look better with larger-than-stock wheels (IMHO), and yours is a testament.

Yeah, the blacked out standard grille looked pretty good but the Mach1 grille makes it look sleeker.

I also had one of my very rare guitars featured in the biggest German guitar magazine. It feels funny to leave your footprints that way. :)

I always thought I had posted it. I never intended to keep it from you. I could a gotten my ego boost years ago!! :)

Hi wow that's Amaizing good stuff i love that when there is Some there take time too chow Mustang from 71-73 years[GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] Which i wood Like too see more off! But it's Yust Like that it's the Years from 65-70 there are the most Liked [ANGRY FACE] which iss A sad think [WINKING FACE] Regards Lars DK73

Regards DK73

Very cool Mike... and you should be very proud. You really do have a beautiful vert.

Maybe there can be a forum "award" for getting your car "published"...
Getting your car published is an awesome accomplishment and I'll second the award idea. You guys should be honored for that accomplishment.

Very cool Mike... and you should be very proud. You really do have a beautiful vert.

Maybe there can be a forum "award" for getting your car "published"...
Getting your car published is an awesome accomplishment and I'll second the award idea. You guys should be honored for that accomplishment.
I dunno. Getting published is honor enough and the award is framed on the wall. :)

Congratulations on getting your car in a magazine. You have a lot to be proud of. You have a beautiful convertible. I was also lucky enough to get my red 73 Mach in the May 2002 Mustang and Fords. The article had a lot of mistakes in it but never the less it was still an honor to actually see your own car in print, its a great feeling. Again congratulations!

Back