NASA Hood stencils the other way around

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jens

Reaction score
I need measures or a stencil for the NASA Hood, but the other way around. What I say is that I already painted the hood completely black and want to have the rest back in car color.
For this I need the stencils but not the regular ones
Does anybody maybe have some measurements or even the stencils or maybe other suggestions.

David (Carolina Mountain Mustangs) has posted the measurements on here a few times. Use the Search function, search for 'stencil' by his user name.

By the way, please go to the introduction section of the forum and introduce your car and yourself. Please include some car pictures.

My painter painted the hood black, laid down the stencil I gave (incorrectly, I might add), and used it to make a negative, taping off the black then spraying the entire car with Light Pewter at the same time. On one hand, this was a good idea, because all the metal flake is consistent and lays the same way between the hood and fenders... but on the other, totally not the way it's supposed to be done.

Just get a stencil, lay it down, tape-off the areas in between the stencil pieces, then peel off the stencil. Yeah, it's kind of a waste of a stencil, but at least it'll get ya there.

Sorry I don't know a source for the stencil you want.

But you have certainly piqued my curiosity. Why are you doing your hood paint that way? I am not judging, I am genuinely curious.
I thought to repaint the car later so I painted the whole hood black.
When I paint the whole car I can also repaint the hood. It is a matter of money.

Back