Nashville

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
I am going to be heading to Nashville (Franklin) September 26 - 28 to attend the Mustang Steve bash. If any member from the area wants to meet please let me know. It sounds like there is a cruise night in Murfreesboro on Friday night that may be a good "neutral ground" if that matters. http://www.4mhrc.net/

We'll try to meet up with Roy (tnfastback) on the way there in Knoxville on the 25th as well.

Let me know!

Great to hear someone heading into Music City.

I live in the Murfreesboro area btw.

If I don't have to work, I'll be happy to meet up with you.

I'm not sure if I will be putting my car in the show that weekend.

I hit a bird Friday night and it broke one of the bolts to the trim molding next to my headlight. And now its just dangling from one bolt. I'm going to attempt a temporary repair till I can get another one painted and put on. I have no more paint so I think its going to be an expensive repair for such a small part.

I won't be able to make it like I had been planning...just too much stuff going on with the end of the fiscal year. I'm pretty bummed about it.

I won't be able to make it like I had been planning...just too much stuff going on with the end of the fiscal year. I'm pretty bummed about it.
I'm sorry to hear that Don, we'll have to find another time to meet.

Great to hear someone heading into Music City.

I live in the Murfreesboro area btw.

If I don't have to work, I'll be happy to meet up with you.

I'm not sure if I will be putting my car in the show that weekend.

I hit a bird Friday night and it broke one of the bolts to the trim molding next to my headlight. And now its just dangling from one bolt. I'm going to attempt a temporary repair till I can get another one painted and put on. I have no more paint so I think its going to be an expensive repair for such a small part.
I hope you can make it Saturday to the bash or the Friday cruise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... I tried to post this twice now from different hotel internet connections with no luck.

I met up with Tubo in Athens, TN for the dragon and then to Nashville. Friday evening we met Jeff73Mach1 at a "cruise" night in Murfreesboro, TN.

So, here goes the proof! Left to right, Corky (Tubo), Jeff (Jeff73Mach1) and I.

IMG_1028.JPG

Karol & I got back home Sunday night bout 9:00 PM, work the next morning.

The week of road trip, Tail of the Dragon, meeting new Friends, hanging out with old Friends at the hotel, dinners together, wifes bonding while guys talked shop, was a highlight of my year.

All the above is true. This is the 7th year in a row for me to do this, and I love it. First year ya hang out listening to the "old hands", next year you feel a part of the event, by the third year you going to see old friends. I hope a new group is being started with Jeff73Mach1 (I'm looking forward toanother opportunity to spend time together) and Droptop73.

Droptop73(Jeff) and his wife Cathy are a great addition to my "Bash" friends and having his Yellow 73 travling along as road company is very special. I hope this is is only the first of many road trips together.

Texas next year, is already on the calendar, for the MustangSteve bunch. Let's see what the 7173'ers can plan.

1zgq3vr.jpg

Cherohala Sky Way

2qvxt02.jpg

Part of a road trip like this is stopping for repairs, Wasn't Me this time

2ypf12b.jpg

Droptop73 at Deal's Gap, beginning of the Dragon

1zbt1s5.jpg

Part of the Road Crew,,Deal's Gap

m79rm8.jpg

Jeff and Cathy(standing by the hood), Dragon overlook

2a99liw.jpg

Glen Buzek, Droptop73(Jeff) Lou, Tubo, MustangSteve, Hornman Ron, Don

4r6fzc.jpg

The Tail of the Dragon ended here, however the Bash haden't even started. Though the part where everyone chases Jeff's 73 on the Interstate, was about to begin.

Tubo

so where are the details on the Saturday Bash?
Best found here http://fyi.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1531

Read the enthusiasm on the MustanSteve Forum that a get together like this generates.

7173 NEEDS ONE!!

Cruising the Coast in Biloxi, Friday nite Edgewater Mall, hope to Meet Don65Stang and others there

Tubo

I am so wanting to do this road trip next year!

Dates for Texas next year?

Does the Mustang Steve bash change locations?

Jeff and Corky seem like great guys and I'd sure like to see us do something again in the near future. The Mustang Steve get together was fun, but I think we could come up with some great ideas.

Maybe a gathering in Nashville in late May for the Goodguys National Car show and the Hot Rod Power tour-just need to get 73's admitted to the show.

I am so wanting to do this road trip next year!

Dates for Texas next year?

Does the Mustang Steve bash change locations?
I hesitate to promote another Forum on the 7173 Forum. That being said, All Mustangers are Welcome at a MustangSteve Bash, and on the road trip to each Bash(Ask Droptop73 how he was recieved). Please note, there are always several Road Trip Crews, converging on the Bash location from different points of the compas.

Yup the MustangSteve Bash changes locations, 2014 will probably be outside of San Antonio, Texas..Alternate location Dallas, unless another Southeast US host steps forward. 2015 possibly will be in Colorado. Though the Bashes are ostensibly Birthday Bashes for MustangSteve's July 22 Birthday. The MS & attendees have found July too hot for the Southern Bash sites, and shift to October. Colorado would be July.

Don65Stang, want to make a Road Trip?? How bout to Myrtle Beach next spring. I'll introduce you to 6Sally6. We might even be able to drive through the Dragon, Hehheh

Back