need a good kick in the throttle

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boilermaster

Reaction score
My Car
71 fastback
I am looking for a throttle kicker solenoid/ac kicker solenoid to fit Holley bracket # 20-72 for a Brawler carb with their universal linkage.
This solenoid needs to have 3/8-24 thread, the larger threaded Holley solenoid will not work.
I have this set-up on my 770 brawler and it works quite well (with a little modification) I cannot find a part number on the solenoid I have, or the box that it came in.
My neighbor wants me to help him install an anti-diesel solenoid on his fresh 427 side oiler Fairlane project.

Thanks Chuck, exactly what I want.
I spent about an hour on ebay this AM and did not find that one.

The base part numbers for the Throttle Position Solenoid, also called the Idle Stop Solenoid, is:

D2AZ-9D856

If you Google that you will find all kinds of different places, and suffix values or different versions.

You can also Google:

holley throttle position solenoid

Some folks call this a Dashpot. It isn't. A Dashpot is designed to slow down how quickly the throttle blades snap shut when the throttle is released by the driver (it acts only at the far end of the throttle travel near the idle position). I have seen them called Electric Dashpots also (equally incorrect).

Back