Need confirmation of correct flexplate to order for FMX

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sometimes I get brain overload from too much conflicting "information" when searching online. So I'll ask the question here, seems like the people on this forum have the correct answers. Anyways, I have started an engine build for my 73 vert for a mild to moderate street car. Keeping the engine standard stroke, 28 oz. external balance. I've ordered the Romac 0203 balancer, just not 100% sure on the correct flywheel for my FMX. From what I've found, the TCI SKU# 529628 is what I need. Here is a link if anyone needs to see:

https://www.tciauto.com/flexplate-28-oz-289-351c-351m-400m-11-5-bolt-pattern.html
I have it saved in my cart until I can confirm it is correct. Need to get the balancer and flywheel to my machinist so they can finish up the short block. Thanks again everyone for all your help in my endeavors.

After calling a few manufacturers, it was still unclear and confusing. However, Performance Automatics did tell me their flexplate will work for the FMX. They did say the C4 is the same, however I can not confirm it because TCI told me the opposite. Looking at the pic of PA's flexplate, it appears the torque converter mount bolt holes are oval, so I am assuming it must accommodate both C4 and FMX torque converters.

The 164 tooth C4 and the FMX use the same C5AZ-6375-T flexplate, which was superceded to E0AZ-A. Pioneer FRA-205 is the correct stock replacement flexplate. NPD carries it, as does Summit and most parts stores. For a mild street build, I'd have no problem using this part.

Back