Need grill suport bracket for mach 1 grill conversion..... I think.....?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Pewter Convertible 351-4V
stank71 - that's good news. Unfortunately, I now have a spare grille bracket for a 1973 Mach 1 grille, so this won't work for me. SMH

Anyone come across a 71-72 bracket please let me know I'm on the hunt again! Thanks

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, M code, 4 speed.
stank71 - that's good news. Unfortunately, I now have a spare grille bracket for a 1973 Mach 1 grille, so this won't work for me. SMH

Anyone come across a 71-72 bracket please let me know I'm on the hunt again! Thanks
If you were not aware, 71's had a double support bracket. They changed sometime early 72 (I think) to a single bracket. It may depend on whatever someone else put on your car, but by the sound of it, it is a 72 single bracket you have.
Here's a pic of my 71 Mach 1 bracket.

Attachments

• IMG_1267.JPG
    IMG_1267.JPG
    248.8 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
My Car
Thanks StangLover that's a huge help and I appreciate the pic for reference! My other cars were complete and I never had to hunt down a unicorn part like we do for some of the parts for these cars. I'll get it done though.... I'm highly motivated.

Reaction score
My Car
Well it seems I have been redeemed by a friend in Michigan who just pulled this complete center hood latch and grille bracket support section for me. He pulled all of it to make sure I had everything I need for my Mach grille upfit. Now, I think I'm in business... a little media blast and it'll be as good as new. Now I can start to look for a good grille.

Attachments

• Grille2.JPG
    Grille2.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Grille3.JPG
    Grille3.JPG
    327.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Grille4.JPG
    Grille4.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
My Car
Well it seems I have been redeemed by a friend in Michigan who just pulled this complete center hood latch and grille bracket support section for me. He pulled all of it to make sure I had everything I need for my Mach grille upfit. Now, I think I'm in business... a little media blast and it'll be as good as new. Now I can start to look for a good grille.
You'll need the 71 Mach 1 grill by the way and the lower valance as well, I think.
It gets expensive to change things.

Reaction score
My Car
You'll need the 71 Mach 1 grill by the way and the lower valance as well, I think.

Geoff.

I found a great deal on a Daniel Carpenter repro grille and the double support brackets mocked up to my valance no problems. The parts I got from Michigan cleaned up very nicely and now luckily, I think I am good to go.

Attachments

• IMG_1321.JPG
    IMG_1321.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1322.JPG
    IMG_1322.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1323.JPG
    IMG_1323.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Reaction score
My Car

Geoff.

I found a great deal on a Daniel Carpenter repro grille and the double support brackets mocked up to my valance no problems. The parts I got from Michigan cleaned up very nicely and now luckily, I think I am good to go.
That's great to know you got your parts. The car will be amazing with its fresh look when done.