• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Need instument/tac/harness/plugs parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Q code Mach 1
My car apparently was converted from std to tach and gauges in its past life. They hacked the tach into an idiot light cluster, and added the center gauges. I need the speedo mounting base that has the smaller slot for the tach cluster harness plug. I need the harness plug for a tach cluster, and I need the dash harness side of the center gauge harness plug. I have the correct mounting base for a tach, and tach cluster printed circuit already. If I have to buy a complete tach cluster for parts, I will, but I don't need it all.

Let me know. :)

I know.someone with am extra cluster with tach. Circuit is there but the lens is cracked on one. Pm if interested and ill get ahold of him for you.

I have the dash harness side for the 3 gauge cluster; they are still being made and are available from Newark.

I have the smaller tach dash cluster connector, but they are as rare as hen's teeth. They can be found on almost any other Ford/Mercury/truck from 70-74 except Mustangs and Cougars (but try finding an old Ford in the JunkYards...er...I mean recycling centers). I have to keep them so I can convert a standard to a tach harness, though.

I have the dash harness side for the 3 gauge cluster; they are still being made and are available from Newark.

I have the smaller tach dash cluster connector, but they are as rare as hen's teeth. They can be found on almost any other Ford/Mercury/truck from 70-74 except Mustangs and Cougars (but try finding an old Ford in the JunkYards...er...I mean recycling centers). I have to keep them so I can convert a standard to a tach harness, though.
mustangplugs.jpg

So, I can get this plug from a dentside ford truck? There's usually a few in the local yard. I need this side of the 3 gauge harness plug. The wires are just stuck on the pins. The harness from the gauges to that point is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I can get this plug from a dentside ford truck? There's usually a few in the local yard. I need this side of the 3 gauge harness plug. The wires are just stuck on the pins. The harness from the gauges to that point is fine.
Yes for the green labeled plug. That's the style that I'm having the most difficulty finding, as there are no old Fords in our local JYs. I'll pay good cash if you find any for me.

The mate for the 3 gauge harness plug can be found on a 68 dash cluster inter-connect harness. You'll need the proper pins to crimp your existing wires (if they are not there already) or if the pins are there, just shove them into the connector. I can provide you the connector for $2.50 plus $2.00 shipping. If you want the connector plus wire pigtails, the cost would be $12 plus shipping.

You can contact me via e-mail or private message.

What are they worth? we have a couple of honey holes around here

What are they worth? we have a couple of honey holes around here
$20 each???

I got two plugs out of trucks. One from a '70, one from a '75. They are both too big for tach cluster. Probably would work for an idiot light setup, though.

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

So, I still need the plug from a tach cluster harness.

Yeah, those are the 18 pin varieties. I've got about 100 of those...

Back