Need OEM AM/FM radio for my 1971 Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griffbl

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1
2014 Ford F150
2018 Porsche Panamera

[url=https://ibb.co/i2uhXQ][img]https://preview.ibb.co/h0A0K5/815f.jpg[/img][/url]
Howdy!  I need a correct for 1971 (or correct style save for year) AM /FM radio for my 1971 Mach 1 Mustang with A/C (if that makes a difference).  Car has an after market radio I would love to get rid of.  My car came with an AM radio, but I would prefer AM / FM in the spirit of usefulness.  

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy!  I need a correct for 1971 (or correct style save for year) AM /FM radio for my 1971 Mach 1 Mustang with A/C (if that makes a difference).  Car has an after market radio I would love to get rid of.  My car came with an AM radio, but I would prefer AM / FM in the spirit of usefulness.  

Thanks!
I got my AM from Mike at Motorcity Mustang.

Here in the UK we have companies that will install FM into a AM radio without it showing outwardly. So if you want to stay original you can but with the twist of secret FM

Thanks!
I got my AM from Mike at Motorcity Mustang.

Here in the UK we have companies that will install FM into a AM radio without it showing outwardly. So if you want to stay original you can but with the twist of secret FM
Thanks Steve! Yes, that FM adapter with an original AM radio is an option also....thanks for the thought!

Brad

I had mine converted to modern. It is an original radio with modern internals. It has an internal amp preamp outputs blue tooth etc.

It was spendy but worth it

[email protected]

The full package was $650. He does offer cheaper alternatives

I had mine converted to modern.  It is an original radio with modern internals.  It has an internal amp preamp outputs blue tooth etc.

It was spendy but worth it

[email protected]

The full package was $650.  He does offer cheaper alternatives
thanks for the tip!  i may stay original, but your option is even better....modern but APPEARS original....i do not need pre amp etc I do not think, but bluetooth is always nice.....

best,

Brad

I drove my daughter to a friends house yesterday. Ont he way home tall cool one came on the radio. I cranked that old radio and she sounded so nice. I felt like a tall cool one!

1971 radio am:FM.jpgThe 71 AM/FM radio has "MUSTANG" in the center of the lens. The body of the radio for cars with AC is smaller to accommodate the center vents and ductwork.

The one I have is for a 1972 with air con and as you can see it is a Philco

Not sure if it works yet but if you have trouble finding one you can have this one just need to pay postage

PM me if interested

P1020959.jpg

We need a radio by year thread!!!!  Ray
I grabbed the stuff originally posted below and moved to a new thread here: https://www.7173mustangs.com/showthread.php?tid=32494

Back