Never too late

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZIPNZ

Reaction score
My Car
In the market
Can't remember if I had "officially" introduced myself to the group or not... Paul Cavins here from DFW, TX. I've had many mustangs over the years, many '69-'70 Mach 1's back in the day. The pinnacle being a '69 Mach1, Black Jade, 428CJ, 4spd, factory A/C. That car was nuts! My current ride is a '73 Q Code Mach 1 Yellow/Ginger that was sold new at Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas. This is a highly optioned car (A/C, power windows, tilt, fold down, deluxe int, etc.). It's an original 95k car which drives out nicely. My goal is to get this car in shape to drive frequently and that includes installation of an AOD this month. 

IMG_2257[1].JPG

IMG_2074[1].JPG

SWEET!  Welcome from West Texas!

Nice ride!  Gotta love them Cragars! :thumb:

The one I fell in love with when I was 14 back in '82 was a Grabber Yellow/Ginger Interior '71 Mach 1 with a 302/auto - nice combination!  I also swapped in an AOD behind my 351C - easy-peasy. 

What rear gears do you have?  The beauty of the AOD is that it shares the same 1-2-3 internal ratios with the FMX, so you're basically just getting overdrive out of the deal.  For me, that worked out fine since mine has 3.00 gears, and so did the '89 5.0 my AOD came from (no performance loss, in other words).

Can't wait to hear and see more about your car!

Welcome fellow Texan, from Houston!  Nice ride!  Hope to hear more about your steed.

Back