New 2024 Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PNWMach1

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 H-code
So, what does everyone think of the new 2024 Mustang? I think it looks decent from a couple angles (if a bit Camaro-ish) but that front end is going to take some getting used to.

The hood and front look like a Dodge and the roofline and hips look like a Camaro to me. They should have left it unchanged. If they managed to make it lighter and handle better is yet to be seen. The price is going to be higher I expect. The new Corvette is starting to look like a bargain. Chuck

Overall I like it, it does look a little Camaro-ish up front, but the back end looks really good. I wish they stayed closer to the last dash design but the tablet look displays are what is out there now. I haven't seen anything about if a Mach 1 is going to be offered, only base and GT's were mentioned in the articles I found.

Not a fan. It looks like they took styling cues from several sources and smashed 'em all together. I do like the taillight treatment. The interior pics of the dash are a big turnoff for me. I much prefer the current dash treatment.

I had the same comment when I saw the picture from the front that looks too Camaroish. For me, what makes it look like that are the headlights with those 3 separate cavities, which I think it is ugly. The other part I read is that most controls, even those related to handling and driving are done through the screen which I hate. I like good old school switches for the main features and then you can get to the screen for the more specific settings.

Over all I like it. Think the grill and dash is a little much. Unfortunately this will be the last of the Mustangs as we know it. That's why they came out with the Mach E to get us use to what is coming.

well that's different. i like it to. ya the front end looks almost like the Camero. a ton of options. after watching i can only thing that if u want that GT buy it new. for u don't know how it was driven from former owner. they could have beat it to death.

Sounds like they up’d the performance and hp at 500. As for the styling, the quarter panels remind me of the Camaro. I would have to see the front in person but the headlights look funny. The dashboard looks like they put a rectangular flat screen over a weird looking dashboard. Don’t like it although it the functionality might be cool.
I drove a 2021 with an automatic last spring. The car performed well. The automatic was impressive, paddle shifter was fun. I could get in a lot of trouble driving that car every day.
Bottom line, at least for me, I still prefer the old school Mustangs. I like the looks of my 71 from every angle, can’t say that about late model cars. My 71 won’t have the overall performance of a late model car, but it performs well enough for me.

As expected, there is a flurry of Utube video reports coming in on the new model release to be viewed. I've caught up with about 15 or so at this stage, and interestingly, they all seem to be whistling a similar tune. Their overall reactions seems to be quite positive. At this stage, my overall reaction to the new models is not too bad. Yes, definately you can see similar styling cues to the Camaro body. That's a kind of a negative i guess. The new styling is more crisper lined and aggressive than before.

It's nice to see Ford still committing to the old v8, nat aspirated, rear wheel drive platform for this new lineup, unlike Dodge who seem to have turned their backs on v8's and gone all electric with a fake exhaust sound, and Camaro, with a production model winding down to what?

Also interesting to see some of the new Mustang models going down the road of more track racing involvement. It will be interesting to see how many drivers will end up wiping themselves out on the streets using the new E brake for drifting. The new dual throttle and dual direct air intakes seems to be an upgrade on our Ram Air system.

On a couple of personal small points, i would liked to have seen the continuation of something along the lines of our 1,2,3 Nasa hoods in relation to the hood scoops and lock down pins. They are gone on the street models. Also, the new rear tail light lens design has become too simplistic and boring imo. Driving visibility out of the new Dark Horse model will be hard with all that heavy tinted glass and fastback design. And lastly, Ford has up the steaks by going a lot more hi tech electrically and mechanically. This of course means that any future owner who buys one, and after a few years, especially when the car is out of warranty, is confronted with any parts failure, will be facing a big replacement cost for the high tech parts. Imagine what the cost of replacing the massive intergrated dash tablet unit would be if you had any type of future failure or breakdown. Yikes!!

For me, i am still very much in love with my '73 Vert regards the styling, street appeal, performance, and the joy that this car keeps on bringing to my table all 'round. Can't see myself owning a 2024 Model yet.

Greg. :)

Last edited:
I do see why folks feel it has a few lines in its design like the Camaro. That is not a bad thing. If I did not already have an awesome 2020 Shelby GT500 I would be considering getting one. But, I would also wait to see if the rumors re: an upcoming (and too late to release yet) GT500. I saw one article announcing a Hertz Shelby model coming out, after which the new GT500 is supposed to getting announced. We will see.At least it still has a very capable gasoline powered engine in it still, and one with some beef at 500+ horsepower. Not anywhere close to the 760 horsepower in our 2020 GT500, but it is still plenty enough to have a lot of fun with. I am sure Ford has an authorized supercharger kit for that engine for anyone who feels the urge to get a few more ponies out of the engine. Personally, as much as I enjoy having 760 HP on tap on the GT500, if I were to get the 500+HP engine I would leave it alone, as it really would be more than enough to have some serious fun with. Although I feel our Predator engine is going to be fine with its supercharger boosted power output, it does put more stress on the engine than a naturally aspirated engine experiences. Someday, whoever ends up inheriting the 2020 GT500 is going to have to do something with the engine re: repairing it. Nature of the beast...

If we could go back to the late 60’s and if they had a SM platform like today to read the comments it would be astounding what was being said about changes to all the muscle cars going through their evolutions. As for rite now, I have to say the stangs are the sexiest, then camaros, and then the toyota’s faking to be a two door and wish mopar was still in Nascar. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Have a great and safe weekend y’all!!

The car looks good, on the outside although I do not like how the headlights look when the car is running, and on the inside I really despise that flat "dash screen" thing, and the fact they dropped the dual hump design, which in my opinion looks great. Rest of the interior looks really good.

Either way this car will sell like hotcakes when it comes out as it will be the ONLY option when it comes to an ICE "musclecar/ponycar" in 2024/2025, as Dodge went all electric, their last ICE Charger/Challengers will be in 2023, and Chevy will discontinue the Camaro in 2024. So, this is going to be it... So, whether you like it or not, this will be your only choice, and it is not a bad one I might add.

I don't care for it yet. Maybe in 20 years as I like older cars. I do like how the taillights are a modern take on the 67-68 taillights though

Back