New cam for my 408.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got all my parts in and was able to get the cam swapped and new lifters in yesterday. Thanks for all the input fellas. I did end up going with a custom grind  from comp.  very similar to what I posted in my first post. With just a small change in duration. I put in a set of morel hydraulic lifters. I'm hoping to get time Sunday to drop the motor back in. If my sons go kart race gets cancelled because of rain I will get the motor back in. I will let you guys know how it behaves. 

The motor is in and seems to be running well. Only got to drive it a few miles last night after I got the motor in. It's very snappy and has a ton of power. The motor is a lot quieter with new cam and smoother. Still have some tuning to do. Need to drop in some smaller jets and adjust timing a touch. I will let my engine builder take care of that. Here's a  pic and video of first fire up. Has slight hesitation in video but it seemed to go away after it ran for a few more minutes and I got fresh gas in it. The gas was OLD from October last year. Put some fresh 93 in it and ran great.

IMG_1508.jpg
[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, its running pretty good. I drove it to work today. About 50* this morning and I hit the key and she fired right up. Its definitely running rich!! I gotta get some smaller jets in it. But overall shes doing well!!

Back