New car in the garage

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Ford Mustang Mach 1 351 CJ all matching numbers, under restoration.
73 Ford Mustang Sprint from Mexico.
Hello,,

Here is my new gift (self gift).

A 73 Maverick with 302 and C4.

Just arrived last week form California.

I won't change too much thing on that beautifull car. Only the rims (already put some 15 " Magnum). A new Grant steering wheel, and a dual exaust (actually single one with 2 mufflers on the line), and a pair of new outside mirror.

Hey I had a 70 and a 71 Grabber which still sits by the barn not in it, lol. both were bought new the 70 was under $2,000 and only options were air and radio. The 71 had everything but air and rear defrost and was a little over $3,200 if I remember right. One area on them to keep an eye on is the collapsible steering column. Not sure if your year is same or not. The 70-71 had two tubes one had a slot the other a formed area that went up and down in the slot. Over time the tube on the OD got bigger and all of a sudden the steering wheel just started to spin NOT CONTROL. I actually brazed the two together to fix. Everything else is pretty much mustang as far as suspension. You could get five lugs on 6 cylinder car for $10.00 more and included upgraded suspension and springs.

They were the best car for the money that Ford every made in the 60's 70's era. Sort of like the T-Model of that time. Anyone could afford a new one and they lasted at least 200,000 with no issues.

You will enjoy.

Latest posts

Back