New Dark Horse officially ordered.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ryunker,
It's great that your dealer called you and offered to order a Dark Horse for you. This Mustang is considered a limited-availability model, so with an allotment system in place for dealers, it will be a hot commodity with high demand. Considering the content of the Darkhorse/Dark Horse Premium and the price of the current Shelbys, the Dark Horse Mustang is a bargain! A lot of really nice content in the 700A package. Did you stay with the 6sp Tremec or order the 10sp Selectshift A/T?
My contact at the dealer I retired from notified me yesterday to let me know the order bank had opened for the '24 Mustang. He also sent me a picture of a Dark Horse model in their launch materials. It looks like Ember Blue Metallic, so I'm sharing the image with you.
Please keep us posted on how the order/wait process goes.

1680030534323.png

Last edited:
Hey Ryunker,
It's great that your dealer called you and offered to order a Dark Horse for you. This Mustang is considered a limited-availability model, so with an allotment system in place for dealers, it will be a hot commodity with high demand. Considering the content of the Darkhorse/Dark Horse Premium and the price of the current Shelbys, the Dark Horse Mustang is a bargain! A lot of really nice content in the 700A package. Did you stay with the 6sp Tremec or order the 10sp Selectshift A/T?
My contact at the dealer I retired from notified me yesterday to let me know the order bank had opened for the '24 Mustang. He also sent me a picture of a Dark Horse model in their launch materials. It looks like Ember Blue Metallic, so I'm sharing the image with you.
Please keep us posted on how the order/wait process goes.

View attachment 74987
I was working there back in September, called "Dibbs" on the one allotment the got back then. So that was the reason they followed up with me.

Yes that is the color, that was the reason for the 700A vs the 600A. Funny part is we are two weeks away from taking the '71 Mach1 to the paint shop.

So, whats the markup going to be??

Ford limits the speed to 170mph!! Man, that thing will be a blast on those open South Dakota roads baby!!
Seriously, 👍congrats on getting one, please post when details come forth, i was thinking about a Grabber blue G.T. myself, just can`t handle 750$ a month, oh, well maybe in a couple of years, I will check Car Max!!😸

Congrats Ryunker!
I had to do a deeper dive into this beast and found these links on the web...

"The Ford Mustang Dark Horse is a horse of a different color and will challenge many competitors in its class. Powered by a performance-engineered 5.0-liter Coyote V-8 power core, the 2024 Ford Mustang will make 500 horsepower and 418 pound feet of torque with a responsive six-speed TREMEC® manual transmission. That is the most powerful eight-cylinder engine in any Ford Mustang that does not have the Shelby® name attached to it."

and from Ford...

https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2023/01/2024-mustang-dark-horse.html

Back