New Family Member

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2v
Picked up this 68 F100 Ranger. Clean truck, 390 with three on the tree. Haven't decided what I am going to do with it yet. Needs some interior work and tuning but it runs, drives, shifts, and stops good.

My dad had one of those. His was baby-shit green, but I drove the heck out of that truck in High School (back in 84-85). It took some abuse and just kept on going. Kinda miss it.

That is an extremely cool ride. I wouldn’t change a single thing about the look if it were me. Nice score!

Very nice! If it has survived in that condition and hasn't been restored, other than maybe a paint job, that is incredible for a pickup. If the bench seat has a tear or something just put a nice seat cover on it, as would have been done back in the day. The 390 and manual trans is awesome. Back in the day a friend of mine had one with the 300 inline 6 and three on the tree. There hasn't been a basic pickup truck available new for ages.

Stunning pickup you have there. What tires are you using? I'm currently looking for a replacement tires at 4WheelOnline for a Ford F-150; so I'm trying to gather suggestions to consider. 

Nice truck you have! I always had a soft spot for trucks and especially for these! A 390 FE with 3 on the tree is the perfect combination! 

I had this one for a few years... A 1970 F250 Long Bed with 360 FE and C6 in original paint Reef Aqua. Had much done on this truck to be a reliable driver and enjoyed to drive it with my kids. Sadly it had to go last autumn... 

DSC_4704.jpg

IMG_20201017_222943.jpg

We made the aluminum grills for all of the Ford vehicles where I worked. We had what we called the attic. Had sample parts for every part we made way back into the early 60's. I walked out in the plant one day and they were tossing the parts out of the attic into a scrap hopper. I went to the presidents office to see if I could get them and he said not had to be crushed. There were hundreds probably thousands of NOS trim pieces that went to the crusher that day. I scrapped the tooling for the 66 chevelle grills in the 90's. The EPA killed the aluminum trim due to the anodize being so bad. The plant has never shut their water treatment plant down it they do it has to go through and EPA clean up and would cost many millions. They came and drilled test wells all over the property and come take samples often.
The old trucks were trucks. You got the floor full of mud you got the hose out and washed it out with out having a second thought.

B E A U T I F U L  ! ! ! 

:classic_love:  

I remind reading your resto-thread about this truck elsewhere... Love that truck, your landscape and the puppy  :thumb:
Thanks Tim.  Yeah, I posted progress shots on that project on Fordification.com, a site devoted to the Bump Side era Ford pickups.

Back