New Forum Software!!

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Welcome back guys!  I hope you all enjoy that new forum smell!  I was able to convert the old MyBB board over to this brand new IPB board software!  It looks like all data was saved but some images may be lost or hidden, which I will work on fixing.  There are actually several items that need attention but no sense in keeping the board closed while I work on it.  Everything else is p and running!  We have a new Gallery to play with and a new Blog to use!  There is also a built in feature called Clubs that will be cool to start online Mustang clubs in your area as well as actual, physical clubs!  So feel free to check out the new place and review your profile settings and content.  If you can fix up anything on your side, i will save me tons of work!!  The main thing is that no data was lost!!

Just remember that there will be some minor bugs due to the size of he conversion!

turtle5353

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Is there going to be a   "view new posts"  button like the old site had?   How about a dark color scheme?   The white kills my eyes .  

RocketFoot

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Is there going to be a   "view new posts"  button like the old site had?   How about a dark color scheme?   The white kills my eyes .  
Yes, I will be working on both soon!!

RocketFoot

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Background tasks will be running all night to hopefully rebuild the images and quotes from all the older posts...don't be alarmed...yet.  LOL!! 🤪

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
I like it!  Thanks for all the hard work, Barry!

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
There's an "Unread Content" clickable spot toward the bottom right of the page, and just below the header to the right.  It works for stuff that's brand new, since the site stood up.  Barry's still got the system populating all the old stuff, so it might be awhile for all of the older content to be available.  Hang in there!

Last edited by a moderator:

4kMach1

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 302
Not sure if I'm searching wrong. But before if I typed in 4r70w or 4r70w swap I'd get a bunch of posts but now 0 results. Could this be from the switch and just a bug for now?

RocketFoot

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Not sure if I'm searching wrong. But before if I typed in 4r70w or 4r70w swap I'd get a bunch of posts but now 0 results. Could this be from the switch and just a bug for now?
Yeah, the search index hasn't had a chance to rebuild yet...should be soon!

71coop

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 - "Day 2" restoration; 351C/FMX, trick flow heads, roller cam conversion, CAA AC kit, upgraded springs/shocks & close-ratio steering box
Is the transition complete? I see none of my data in my profile except the text for my signature (no history, awards, rep, etc). A thread I started yesterday to help me troubleshoot a problem has none of the replies including  my initial post. Wondering if this is lost or will show up later.

RocketFoot

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
The task managers are still chewing away in the background but should be wrapped up by today.  I expect much of the info to came back but if not, we just might have to have everyone take a few minutes and fill in their profiles.  The profiles also have new features like cover photos and such!

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sports Roof Fastback (early model)
1973 Coupe -Under rebuild/restore
Rocketfoot,

Good work! Thanks! I was trying to get the new updated site back on Tap-a-Talk. Any news or updates on when that will be available again to allow to follow? 

Last edited by a moderator:

RocketFoot

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
I have a LOT of links from the old site for references on topics I  have searched on in the past. Can those links be changed somehow to reflect the new site?

Here is an example:

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-stabilizer-door-glass
We will know better as soon as the search index is recounted...

Rocketfoot,

Good work! Thanks! I was trying to get the new updated site back on Tap-a-Talk. Any news or updates on when that will be available again to allow to follow? 
I should be able to add it later today...

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
Try this text string (everything between the quotes) in your favorite browser.  It works a lot better!  I got at least 5 different threads on our site.

"site: www.7173mustangs.com 4r70w swap"

https://www.bing.com/search?q=site%3A www.7173mustangs.com 4r70w swap&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=site%3A www.7173mustangs.com 4r70w swap&sc=0-37&sk=&cvid=54FE4B0ABCA54F9B855A8AE4A61F4D51&ajf=70

Ray

Capture site search example.JPG

Attachments

• Capture site search example.JPG
    Capture site search example.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 0

RocketFoot

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
The site search here is pretty slick!  I think you guys wilL like it...as soon as the rebuild tasks finish, that is...LOL!

71coop

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 - "Day 2" restoration; 351C/FMX, trick flow heads, roller cam conversion, CAA AC kit, upgraded springs/shocks & close-ratio steering box
The task managers are still chewing away in the background but should be wrapped up by today.  I expect much of the info to came back but if not, we just might have to have everyone take a few minutes and fill in their profiles.  The profiles also have new features like cover photos and such!
I'm more concerned with missing posts (not just mine, although I was using to to inform my current troubleshooting efforts). It appears that lots of useful information is currently not accessible. 

delawarebill

Reaction score
My Car
'73 fastback, 302 auto. new paint and all the interior re-done. new tires/wheels
[url=https://ibb.co/nRVcVLd][img]https://i.ibb.co/yVMyMQv/side.png[/img][/url]
well I finally made it in.. my antivirus did not like the install with the green continue button.. blocked it saying virus content. had to change password, but I think i'm good now. now to get used to the new sys..

Latest posts