new from New Mexico

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmdorsett

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Grande, 351c 2bbl, automatic
Hello all! thank you for allowing my wife and I to become members. We have our first 71-73 Mustang, it is a 1972 Grande with the 351C engine, C-4 (I think) and a 9" rear. My wife of 43 years has always wanted a Grande, the first time she saw one was in the mid seventies and has dreamed of owning one ever since. Over the years I have found 3 but due circumstances could not get one for her. fast forward to the fall of 2021, I was on a road trip to look at and possibly purchase a camper for my son and 30 miles from my destination there she was- a Grande! after negotiating we agreed on a price and left a deposit, 2 weeks later she was home and my wife was very very happy. A side note, we grew up in the Phoenix area during the 70's CB craze and her handle was green eyed lady, her eyes are green and the car is medium green, the DSO was 75... Phx! it was meant to be hers! So now begins the fix it process, engine runs, trans has no reverse but the car is 80% complete.

Welcome and howdy from Texas! Congratulations on your Grande find and on honoring your wife's dream. I hope you both make plenty of memories with her car.

I bought my Mustang in Tucson 45 years ago, taught my then-girlfriend now-wife (of 43 years) how to drive in it, and have kept it for all these years. Plenty of memories and fun times with our car.

Plenty of knowledge, camaraderie and humor are shared here.

Last edited:
Hello all! thank you for allowing my wife and I to become members. We have our first 71-73 Mustang, it is a 1972 Grande with the 351C engine, C-4 (I think) and a 9" rear. My wife of 43 years has always wanted a Grande, the first time she saw one was in the mid seventies and has dreamed of owning one ever since. Over the years I have found 3 but due circumstances could not get one for her. fast forward to the fall of 2021, I was on a road trip to look at and possibly purchase a camper for my son and 30 miles from my destination there she was- a Grande! after negotiating we agreed on a price and left a deposit, 2 weeks later she was home and my wife was very very happy. A side note, we grew up in the Phoenix area during the 70's CB craze and her handle was green eyed lady, her eyes are green and the car is medium green, the DSO was 75... Phx! it was meant to be hers! So now begins the fix it process, engine runs, trans has no reverse but the car is 80% complete.
Welcome, and thank you for the awesome back story. I know I have my back story also, as do so many of us who are Mustang/Cougar/Car lovers. I love seeing others' stories, as well as share mine once in a while (but, not here and now <g>).

We have 4 pony cars, as seen in the attached photo. In the link below is a YouTube walk-around video of our 1973 Mach 1 on its final day of its deep re$toration. The only reason we do not have even more than just those 4 pony cars is because we are out of garage space for Winter Hibernation.

Attachments

• AllPonyCarsAndGilWithLynda_3of4_20211007.JPG
    AllPonyCarsAndGilWithLynda_3of4_20211007.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 5
Welcome from Seattle. I will be moving to NM in just under 2years. See ya on the road sometime.

How from, well, Phoenix! I am glad you found your wife a car she loves and happy that you found this site. It's full of good people with lots of info, advice and encouragement. My 73 convertible is also a Arizona car. No rust!

Back