New from Northern Virginia

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1
Hello everyone!  I have been searching the board for a while and I decided it was time to become a paying member so I figured I'd introduce myself.   A year and a half ago I wound up buying my friend from high school's 72 Q Code Mach 1 that he was fortunate enough to store since the early 90s.   It sat stored until he needed to pass it along and I was able to get it. 

What I always thought was unique about it is that the original owner before my friend, put Hurst Hatch T-Tops in it and gave it a Boss 351 paint job on the hood in black and silver from it's original Gold Glo.  He bought it as is and it has had the same paint job since the early 80s.

I am just trying to get it back running as I am amazed at what almost 30 years does to seals, etc.  I recently got it started and back on the road but I am just trying to make it safe before I really get on the roads!

how to upload pictures to the internet

Hello from Mississippi. Glad you liked what you saw and decided to stay. I had a Gold Glow Gran Torino and loved the color, but there is just something about black on the 71-73 body lines that looks soooo good. When you have time could you please post some more pictures of that magnificent beast and especially those T-Tops. Welcome aboard!

Hello and welcome,

We' re almost neighbors, as I'm near Washington Redskins stadium in Maryland. Great looking car and fellow members have lots to share and lots to learn.

Again welcome

Alan L

Thanks from everyone!  The T-Tops themselves are in fairly decent shape.  There was a generic aftermarket Hurst Hatch kit in the 70s and this car has that kit.  I saw a NOS kit go on eBay last year for 2500 so they are still around I guess.  But, the bigger challenge was finding new seals for them if and when I get it painted.  I've narrowed it down to replacements for a 73ish Hurst Olds Cutlass should fit with some trimming.   Here are pics from when it was just sitting before I got it.

Welcome from Tucson, AZ.

T-Tops?!?!?!?!?   You gotta let us see that!!!!

My 78 Camaro had T-Tops and of course my 84 Vette's top popped off as does the top on my C6.  Why not my 73 SportsRoof?

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Illinois! Wow...those t-tops look very interesting!

Back