New front end finishing touches add spacers eliminated saddle squeaks. side 2

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul M

Reaction score
My Car
73 loaded Q code car w/a 351 4v C6 it came with 2 cars in parts.
Side 2. If you cheat and fasten the lil rubber tit's with wire, the freak'n rubber pads wont keep coming off when you are trying to put your spring in. Those lil pads were very annoying. I took it out and drove it, there's no more squeaks. The front end is just right, however, .... now the back of the car needs @ 1" ht. This car corners really nice for an old car. I rebuilt the brakes original and am having 2nd thoughts on them. This suspension is becoming a teetering challenge. When I put 1" drop springs on ft the rear end stayed high. Now with 3/4" - 1" back up in the ft the rear is leveled off too much.

Attachments

• IMG_4571.JPG
    IMG_4571.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4573.JPG
    IMG_4573.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4575.JPG
    IMG_4575.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Drive it a while and see if the new front springs settle a little. Looks great!
That's what I was hoping. I've driven it a cpl. o'x's pretty hard. I'm going to find my old shackles drill holes in them for 1" and cut off the rest. The rearend barely has to go up and the 1st position of these shackles is more than an inch. I had my heart set on a slight dish on these wheels & it's coming back to haunt me.

I can't even get one of my tits through the hole to put the wire ON.
Try the rubber tit instead... lmao. either drill the hole larger or cut the thing off and grab some super weatherstripping adhesive & glue it on. Use needle nose vicegrips to hold it 20 min. I was only adding 4 letter words on the inside one next to where the spring rests.

Latest posts

Back