New guy from FL, hello…

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome form the Tampa, FL area.
Nice looking ride with lots of potential!!!

Looks like a complete car, get it running and stopping and then enjoy it while you dig in!

Wow, what a pleasant welcoming and thank you for the great advice to start tackling rust. Great to know that a 73’ fender won’t work.

What a great picture and goals, goals..

thanks to all.

I don’t know much about the Mach yet.

Attachments

• AB7139B0-3B02-46F8-9AC9-DDDA5054FFA2.jpeg
    AB7139B0-3B02-46F8-9AC9-DDDA5054FFA2.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
Allow Minnesota to chime in, Welcome! You’ll find this forum a great source for your future project. Curiously, it almost looks like fire damage to that front fender?
Good luck on the Mach 1 project.
Thank u sir, that’s a good question and I hope to discover more soon.

FYI The front fender looks a lot like fire damage, I had a similar situation. Get underneath and check for soot and rust and melted rubber. i replaced my front suspension, one side was heavily burned…if you can source an original used fender that’s your best choice, the Repro I had didn’t fit well and I bought an original for about $100 and refurbished it.
I don’t know that cars history, but focus on brakes first, then getting it running. If it sat more that a few years, sediment, moisture, rust and sludge can clog up brakes, and best to replace top to bottom with new….

Thank you, finally got out to take some pics to see what I’m getting myself into.
Welcome from SE WI and good on you for "adopting" the car to save it. By the looks of the heel hole in the floor mat you may have rescued a "sharp one owner"? Giver' the gas and keep us tuned in. 👌🏻

Back