New Guy from La Mesa CA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome from Indiana
Thanks Bud...appreciate all the nice welcoming's I've received...looks like a great site to meet and greet...

Very nice car, and welcome from Panama City, FL. I grew up in El Cajon/La Mesa and went to Monte Vista HS. I knew La Mesa very well!

Welcome from northern California.

mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your greeting, everyone is making me feel right at home...My brother lived in Sunnyvale and taught at Foster City for 30 years until his passing 13 years ago...visited the area quite often and have relatives still living in the area.

Keep October 6, 2013 open for our "Mustangs by the Bay" show. Make a short vacation of it. Nice hotel rooms in Pld Town SD for $59 a night... Come to the show in a park, on the grass with water all around...

Yea I guess I'm guilty of pushin our charity event...see if I can come up with photo's of the park...

MBTB show Embarcarero Bay Park 080.jpg

Very nice car, and welcome from Panama City, FL. I grew up in El Cajon/La Mesa and went to Monte Vista HS. I knew La Mesa very well!
Hello Panama City...

That's a long way to go to get away from the traffic of SD...I moved here 10 years ago, it's OK but I like the seasons which SD doesn't have...and a trout stream which SD doesn't have and it's a long way to go skiing...actually everything is a long way from here...So where's your Mustang?

Ron

Ron you posted the wrong class for this group!:p Just kidding you will find all mustangs get respect here.:cool:
Mike, seeing how I was working the show I got to visit my car (which you can see the hood) at the far right of the picture, once and that was to dust it off...It still won the class.... http://www.7173mustangs.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

I only had one photo of that class and no one had arrived but me, see below...

MBTB show Embarcarero Bay Park 2012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ron,

A belated ::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Been in your area last year (and met Mike from Escondido).

Your car looks great. I like how you skipped the part of the stripe that goes under the side maker lamp. I might steel that idea if I ever decided to go the hockey stripe route.

Nice clean engine bay. ::goodjob::

Hi Ron,

A belated ::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Been in your area last year (and met Mike from Escondido).

Your car looks great. I like how you skipped the part of the stripe that goes under the side maker lamp. I might steel that idea if I ever decided to go the hockey stripe route.

Nice clean engine bay. ::goodjob::
Greetings from Luxembourg,

Yeah, Mike's a kick, Thanks for the comments, I stole the idea of leavin off the lower stripe and body color spoilers from a car in Mustang Monthly I saw 20+ years ago...My thought was to leave it uncluttered. Even the rear stripe is different and left off the Mach 1 behind the front wheel, replacing it with a small 429 badge. check out the pic..

Ron

Lee\'s car and mustang run 010.jpg

Well mine is extremely uncluttered. :) but I think it's time to change something. Not sure yet what it's gonna be though.

I thought about copying the 69 Boss302 C-stripe to our size.

I did not like the idea of the typical 71-72 hickey stripe because I don't wanna do the lower valance blackout and then the stripe simply hangs under the side marker light with no connection to anything. But yours is a good idea. That would a lid that issue.

By the way, thanks for the close up if the trunk. On your previous pic I could make out the "mach1" but not the "four twenty nine". Good idea!

Ray,

I see you're from Central Oklahoma, were you able to escape the tornado?

Ron

Ron,

Yes - fortunately it missed me by about 3 miles. WAY TOO CLOSE!

I have quite a few friends that have lost almost everything. This is a traumatic loss for this area. What has really been amazing --- the outpuring of support and help that the rest of the country is providing. I know many of us in Oklahoma have helped others after hurricanes, wilfires and floods. For now, I 'm just trying to help folks here where I can. Thanks for asking.

Ray

Well mine is extremely uncluttered. :) but I think it's time to change something. Not sure yet what it's gonna be though.

I thought about copying the 69 Boss302 C-stripe to our size.

I did not like the idea of the typical 71-72 hickey stripe because I don't wanna do the lower valance blackout and then the stripe simply hangs under the side marker light with no connection to anything. But yours is a good idea. That would a lid that issue.

By the way, thanks for the course up if the trunk. On your previous pic I could make out the "mach1" but not the "four twenty nine". Good idea!
Maybe just a couple of fine multi-color pin stripes above/below the side body seam? In your case, mostly because of the color, uncluttered is good. Your reasoning about the lower stripe is exactly why I didn't add the lower color AND, I didn't want the spoiler and front air dam to look added on by making it pewter....just my .02 cents...

Ray,

I see you're from Central Oklahoma, were you able to escape the tornado?

Ron

Ron,

Yes - fortunately it missed me by about 3 miles. WAY TOO CLOSE!

I have quite a few friends that have lost almost everything. This is a traumatic loss for this area. What has really been amazing --- the outpuring of support and help that the rest of the country is providing. I know many of us in Oklahoma have helped others after hurricanes, wilfires and floods. For now, I 'm just trying to help folks here where I can. Thanks for asking.

Ray

That's good, livin in CA can't imagine the devastation other than the pictures. My oldest daughters mother was visiting family and it missed them by quite a bit but was still concerned...Bless you man for helpin out where you can...

Pictures from chip 212.jpg

Very nice car!
Thanks for the comment. I drove it in a Flag Day parade today. Really apprehensive cause it's not a convertible but the comments were unbelievable...(smile)....Rg

well hello person I have never met before,lol

Glad you joined up ron......I think we need to get don,sandy,chuck, and the 2 new mach owners that just joined the club recently on here too,lol

...the more the merrier really

Welcome aboard from Wisconsin. It looks awesome, very cool Mach 1.
Hi Jason...

Never been in your neck of the woods. I imagine you're liken this time of year as you have to put the Mach up in the winter...Fortunately I can drive mine 12 months out of the year.

Rg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back