New guy

Mustangfeverrr

Reaction score
My Car
'71 351C coupe
Hello all!

Just signed on today, so new here, but not to classic Mustangs.

Have had about a dozen or so in the last 42 years, but got a bit burned out for a while and sold my last (and favorite '66) about 3 1/2 years ago. I am one of the founding members, longtime board member and past Vice President for two years of the Inland Empire Classic Mustang Club here in SoCal.

I finally got re-interested the last few months, and having fallen for the improved ride and handling of "the Clydesdales" (as a buddy of mine calls them!) after owning a '73 Mach 1 a few years ago, I decided to go hunting for a '71-'73 to play with. Didn't want to mess with anything special, or a full resto, or even anything too pricey this time, just wanted to kind of get my feet wet again, and have something fun to drive around. Ended up finding a decent '71 Cleveland coupe. Will need some work, but the interior is almost perfect, and the paint is new - so far it seems to be pretty much what I was looking for, at least for my situation right now.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know everybody here, and my apologies in advance for all the questions you'll all no doubt be fielding from me in the future!

Here's the new girl - I had a set of unused Keystones in the garage that ended up looking pretty nice on her:

And here's a few from the corral of the recent past - the '73 Mach 1 351CJ:

The '70 302 (this one was a beast):

And my all-time favorite, the '66:

73pony

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2v
Welcome from Iowa!

Rozz

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang and 1973 mustang
Welcome back to the dark side

luxstang

VIP Members
Staff member
Site Supporters
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Nice car. :)

jeff8877

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q Code Convertible
Welcome from Yorba Linda...the guys here are top notch.

jpaz

VIP Members
Site Supporters
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q Code
Hello & welcome from Michigan. Nice new ride!

jbojo

VIP Members
Site Supporters
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 Q code C6 tranny
Welcome from TriCities WA.

will e

VIP Members
Site Supporters
Reaction score
My Car
'73 mustang convt.
Howdy from Phoenix. I like the grande, looks good!

secluff

VIP Members
Site Supporters
Reaction score
Hello from Mississippi. Those Keystones look so good on your car Ford should have offered them as an option! Man what a nice looking "Herd" of horses you've had. I love all year Mustangs, but my feelings are like yours on the 66 Mustangs. When my Dad returned from Viet Nam, he went to what was then Hull Dobbs Ford in Memphis and bought the last 66 Mustang they had. (Could not convince him that dark blue 67 390 GT fastback was what we really needed) So that little white 66 289 coupe is responsible for the beginning of several family members being "Hooked" for life.

Welcome aboard and glad you've made us your new Mustang home.

raptor

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Fastback
Welcome! Nice looking cars both new and old.

Ron Tanzi

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Mach 1 bright red, standard black interior,pb,ps
gauge package.rim blow steering wheel,15" magnum 500s,351 C 2bbl running a 4bbl Holley 600,MSD 6a with stock distributor and Pertronix,Comp cam mild grind, The Engine(rebuilt by me in 2002 for the second time the first rebuild I did was stock in 1995) made 305hp and 358 lb ft on the dyno. 9" 2.75 rear end,Global west sub frame connectors,620 front coils.Rear defroster. My parents bought my car brand new the year before I was born. I cherish it like my child.
Welcome from Rhode Island.

Ron

peche 71

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Grande, 351 Cleveland, restoration project
1973 Convertible, 302, slight restoration
Greetings! I have pretty much the same car. I originally wanted to get away from the white, and go bolder in color, but i'm going to stick with white, as I see from yours how awesome it looks.

Mustangfeverrr

Reaction score
My Car
'71 351C coupe
Wow, what a warm welcome! Thanks a lot for the compliments, too, I appreciate it!