New guy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfeverrr

Reaction score
My Car
'71 351C coupe
Hello all!

Just signed on today, so new here, but not to classic Mustangs.

Have had about a dozen or so in the last 42 years, but got a bit burned out for a while and sold my last (and favorite '66) about 3 1/2 years ago. I am one of the founding members, longtime board member and past Vice President for two years of the Inland Empire Classic Mustang Club here in SoCal.

I finally got re-interested the last few months, and having fallen for the improved ride and handling of "the Clydesdales" (as a buddy of mine calls them!) after owning a '73 Mach 1 a few years ago, I decided to go hunting for a '71-'73 to play with. Didn't want to mess with anything special, or a full resto, or even anything too pricey this time, just wanted to kind of get my feet wet again, and have something fun to drive around. Ended up finding a decent '71 Cleveland coupe. Will need some work, but the interior is almost perfect, and the paint is new - so far it seems to be pretty much what I was looking for, at least for my situation right now.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know everybody here, and my apologies in advance for all the questions you'll all no doubt be fielding from me in the future!

Here's the new girl - I had a set of unused Keystones in the garage that ended up looking pretty nice on her:

And here's a few from the corral of the recent past - the '73 Mach 1 351CJ:

The '70 302 (this one was a beast):

And my all-time favorite, the '66:

Hello from Mississippi. Those Keystones look so good on your car Ford should have offered them as an option! Man what a nice looking "Herd" of horses you've had. I love all year Mustangs, but my feelings are like yours on the 66 Mustangs. When my Dad returned from Viet Nam, he went to what was then Hull Dobbs Ford in Memphis and bought the last 66 Mustang they had. (Could not convince him that dark blue 67 390 GT fastback was what we really needed) So that little white 66 289 coupe is responsible for the beginning of several family members being "Hooked" for life.

Welcome aboard and glad you've made us your new Mustang home.

Greetings! I have pretty much the same car. I originally wanted to get away from the white, and go bolder in color, but i'm going to stick with white, as I see from yours how awesome it looks.

Back