New here with a lot to learn!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ripper679

Reaction score
Hello. Been a lurker here for a little bit..... so much good info. Just picked up a 73 coup to build with the kid. He is stoked.... my wife is... well... seeing packages come at an alarming rate and hasent left yet, so that's a plus. Wanting to do the 351 5 speed 9 inch myer mod 2 rear and mod 1 front with fitech efi bla bla.

Got the old blown up 302 out and am really getting started on this build now.

Good thing money grows on trees! 

Oh wait. 

Thanks everyone for the wealth of knowledge here!

Ps... I did end up rolling my fenders so if anyone needs a set of those chrome fender wheel well liner metal deals... I have a nice set. 

20211107_154844.jpg

20210829_135227.jpg

Looks like a super clean ride! Welcome from Ohio!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear you have a good sense of humor about all of this.  It is a labor of love and you just cannot get mad.  Take a deeeep breath and order more parts!  Hope all turns out well with the Mrs...........

Oh....by the way.....nice bones!  Thats always a plus on your build!

Hello and a warm welcome from SW Ontario, Canada.

Great project car. 

You did not mention where you're from, so as a suggestion, fill out your car info and location. 

Stanglover.

Welcome from Wisconsin.

I am planning on doing the same with my fenders. Removing the chrome trim and rolling them, at least the front ones? Did you heat up the paint to reduce the chance of cracking?

Welcome from Escondido. Nice father and kid project.  Looks like a San Diego house what part of town ? 
He knew it was San Diego, because:

a) Washer/dryer in the garage

b) Black-top streets not broken up

c) Tow truck  had a San Diego address

d) all of the above

Thanks all for the welcome!

Hoping to have this car done in 2 years or so. The last couple mustangs I built took about that time. I'm about 30 min north of San Diego, I bought the car there thats why the tow truck is San Diego based. The garage is at a buddus house where I was able to tow the car over there and pull the engine out. 

Thanks again all!

Welcome from East Texas! I wish I had a helper with a big smile like that :)

Back