New Hydraulic Clutch Setup

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
Has anyone ever used these? I seen a guy on FB who had this setup matched to a Tilton TB. He said it works perfectly and wasn't a hard install. I'm going to ask if he needed any kind of clutch pedal stop to prevent over extension of the TB. I'm trying to avoid the need for this. I've heard this stop is required on the American Powertrain units or else it might leak. Anyway, here is the link to the under dash setup.

https://malwoodauto.com.au/whats-new/

Installing the hydraulic clutch is a lot of work and requires measuring and calculations for getting the release bearing installed correctly, not to mention the under dash installation. After all of that why would you let something like adjusting a stop prevent you from installing it? I would go to the Tilton website and see what their installation instructions say.

Installing the hydraulic clutch is a lot of work and requires measuring and calculations for getting the release bearing installed correctly, not to mention the under dash installation. After all of that why would you let something like adjusting a stop prevent you from installing it? I would go to the Tilton website and see what their installation instructions say.
I see your point Don. I know things could go south with anything setup wrong but if I have to worry about that stop breaking off or wearing down to the point where I'm over extending the bearing I'd like to avoid it if I could. I understand it all could be avoided with keeping the Zbar but I can't seem to leave well enough alone!

You could go halfway, and install an external slave cylinder in place of the z-bar, with a hydraulic master under the dash. Any leaks then would be easy to fix, easy to adjust.

Don C

You could go halfway, and install an external slave cylinder in place of the z-bar, with a hydraulic master under the dash. Any leaks then would be easy to fix, easy to adjust.

Guess I'll let everyone know because I ordered the whole kit.

Back